Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Seriously Love This Car, but I need help

Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously Love This Car, but I need help

OK, I have definitely fallen in love with my XF, it's really a great car. And I feel so cool driving around in it. But you all already know this. So I noticed while driving windows down the other day that the headliner on the rivers side right by the windshield is coming a little loose..looks like it has shrunk a little, or the glue is just wearing out. Either way, with every car I've owned I've never dealt with headliners. So I put a couple tacks in it just so it doesn't pull and get worse but it looks..tacky (pun totally intended). Anyone know what to do? I feel dumb being defeated by ceiling carpet.

My other big question: I have a dash light out..The one right behind 0-10mph..it's not a big deal I just hate the orange light on and would love to fix it..is it a big deal to pull these gauge clusters out??

Thanks for all the help guys. I was just reading about people spotting other XFs and I live in FL but am working in Princeton NJ for a couple months and I see a maroon one about every other morning and a pale yellow XF that seems to live/work right in Princeton village/University..anyone? I'm driving a black one!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Seriously Love This Car, but I need help

Originally Posted by Jpkelly
OK, I have definitely fallen in love with my XF, it's really a great car. And I feel so cool driving around in it. But you all already know this. So I noticed while driving windows down the other day that the headliner on the rivers side right by the windshield is coming a little loose..looks like it has shrunk a little, or the glue is just wearing out. Either way, with every car I've owned I've never dealt with headliners. So I put a couple tacks in it just so it doesn't pull and get worse but it looks..tacky (pun totally intended). Anyone know what to do? I feel dumb being defeated by ceiling carpet.

My other big question: I have a dash light out..The one right behind 0-10mph..it's not a big deal I just hate the orange light on and would love to fix it..is it a big deal to pull these gauge clusters out??
!
I would like to make a clever joke about the headliner coming loose because it got wet on the rivers side and then shrank but it's too late in the day.

Remove the headliner and glue it back together before it gets worse.
If you take the dash apart to fix the bulb take pictures and post a thread on how you did it. Look in the Workshop Manual for the method of removing the dash.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

headliner did that... wound up replacing for $105. check different shops,, got prices from 250 to 98 +tax. the $105 is just as good as the 250, one watched both shops install one on different shop,, both did it the same way using the same stuff so went with the $98 + tax = 105. jim

Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cost me 140 to have a professional do it. Chrysler did not wrap the headliners properly and most likely used defective glue. Your headliner will slowly get worse and will eventually fall down like most people here. Just pay the 140 and have it done by a professional.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get a roadster!