Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Got stopped on base this morning

Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Got stopped on base this morning

[QUOTE=GraphiteGhost]
Originally Posted by chuK_138

I spent 23 years in Civil Engineering, the EOD folks are part of CE. An old (and wise) EOD trooper told me a long time ago "If You Aint Ammo, You Aint $hit". There goes your IYAAYAS! BTW, SFS wasn't used at Shaw AFB until after I retired medically in 95, and it is a headquarters base! Old habits die hard it seems.... The AF doesn't take well to MSgt's (who like to work with his hands in the field) that has been detailed to a desk after he threw out his back read bad!
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Yeah, that's it alright. EOD loved to talk crap about what they did, but they couldn't do their job if we didn't give them blasting caps, det cord, and anything else that went BOOM! Something to be said about leaving a bunch of mechanically inclined airmen around explosives far from sight of the rest of the base. It did make for some great friendships, though.

As far as I knew, Lackland AFB is the home of the SFS, at least when my buddy and I joined in '98. He trained there for 6 months after basic, now he is a proud member of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. He actually pulled me over in Jax. just to mess with me one day. It was scarier than hell hearing someone on the PA saying,"Mr. Colombani, step your big Puerto Rican a$$ out of the car." Took me nearly peeing my pants before I recognized the voice was my buddy having the time of his life. Needless to say, I didn't get a ticket that day.