Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

thanks xf forums

Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks xf forums

When i first signed up I was thinking that there wasn't much of a community for these cars seeing how rare they are (I've only seen 3 in the past month actually being driven)
But I've learned that you guys are all knowledgeable and friendly when it comes to helping others ( unlike other forums where they flame you if you don't know everything about the car you own) so i just wanna say thanks for helping me out and answering my questions
I've just got a new job and i have been lusting for an xf coupe forever, you guys just made me want them more haha

Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: thanks xf forums

Originally Posted by Jackerman
When i first signed up I was thinking that there wasn't much of a community for these cars seeing how rare they are (I've only seen 3 in the past month actually being driven)
But I've learned that you guys are all knowledgeable and friendly when it comes to helping others ( unlike other forums where they flame you if you don't know everything about the car you own) so i just wanna say thanks for helping me out and answering my questions
I've just got a new job and i have been lusting for an xf coupe forever, you guys just made me want them more haha
Welcome to the forum.
I just went back and checked out some of your previous posts, and I don't know how I missed them.
I didn't realize Alabaster Crossfires were that hard to find, but I just checked EBAY and out of 41 listed, there was only one white roadster available.
To answer one of your questions, I'm 6'2" tall and I fit in my 04 coupe just fine. If at first you don't feel comfortable in the car, take your time adjusting the power seat, and you will eventually find the sweet spot.
Good Luck in your search.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks amx
Yea for some reason they are very hard to find , I guess owners of the white car just don't feel like selling there cars much
But I am not that picky , as long as I find a white or silver coupe, with a good history I'll be happy
I'm glad to know you fit , cause I am about the same height as you then..I hope to get one soon because summers comming and the price of sports coupes goes up as the weather gets nicer
I read on here somewhere it cost roughly 100$ to fill the fuel on these with gas over 4$, is this true

Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The tanks are roughly 15 gallons so its not quite that bad. Oil changes do run about that though.....

Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular

A 15 gallon tank isn't bad , just sucks that i live in the city with the highest national average in the country

Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless I'm on a trip where I know that I'll burn off at least 1/2 a tank I never fill my tank up anyway. To me a 1/2 tank is plenty to be tote'n around. The car just seems to handle better with a.near empty tank.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike1118
Unless I'm on a trip where I know that I'll burn off at least 1/2 a tank I never fill my tank up anyway. To me a 1/2 tank is plenty to be tote'n around. The car just seems to handle better with a.near empty tank.
I commute and drive around which at the end of the week is around 400-500 miles a week