Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hit buy a cricket ball! Grr!

Old 07-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit buy a cricket ball! Grr!

I was driving along a quiet country lane yesterday doing about 25mph heading to my uncle's place to do some work on his pc. Looked across to the left and there was a small cricket ground full of guys looking at the road. Not really knowing what was going on, I slowed a little.....

Then came the thump.

Pulled over to the side to check for damage. It seems that the ball had actually hit the A pillar on the right side of the car down near the hood. No dent, but a 3/4 inch split in the paint.

I grabbed my captain angry hat and walked back to the pitch to give someone a hard time. Spoke with the skipper of the team, who gave me all of the club's details and said that I should write in, but no promises.

They couldn't have cared less, stating that there is no law covering this sort of stuff and if I am really lucky I might be able to get something on the Public Indemnity insurance from the ground.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:02 AM

Hit by a cricket ball, I guess it would somewhat similar in Korea as if hit by a kimchee jar.

The side bar split - please post a picture.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:08 AM
Forum Regular

I drive past a cricket ground most nights on my way home, many times i've seen the ball whizz across a busy road, they must have insurance? otherwise tehy'd be no better than a kid throwing rocks at passing cars.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:36 PM

Sounds like driving or parking to close to Little League Baseball game, here in the States. Seen many a car plunked, kind of a badge of honor for the boys....hehe......I stay WELL away with my xfire.

Old 07-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

Scott,

You have my sympathies. If there is no dent, you should be able to fill the crack in the paint.

I must remember not to slow down......

Old 07-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hit buy a cricket ball! Grr!

Originally Posted by scotth_uk
I grabbed my captain angry hat and walked back to the pitch to give someone a hard time. Spoke with the skipper of the team, who gave me all of the club's details and said that I should write in, but no promises.
What, you think they were aiming at your car and intentionally hit your car? Come on. To force them to pay, you'd have to prove intent (at least on THIS side of the pond). No different than another car's wheel tossing a rock up off the roadway. It's nobody's fault. Over here, it's these kind of things that we have Comprehensive insurance to cover, if it's higher than the deductible.

Sure it'd be nice if they offered to pay, but if not...

Old 07-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Forum Regular

the houses around the golf courses get hit every once in a while, so do cars. You know that by going there that there is a chance it will be nailed. Due to this there is a golf course that I avoid (parking lot is off of hole #9).

-marc

Old 07-19-2004, 12:14 AM

I was driving past a golf course last week. A golf ball fell out of the sky and missed the hood by five feet. Absoluely no time to react at all. Bounced off the pavement and was gone. :?