Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire

Old 07-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire

Ok call me picky but i just came from a 2003 Mach 1, low 13 car bone stock. Now I am in the cross fire, its just seems like a ferrari with a 88hp ford 4cylinder from the fox body. Ok, maybe not that bad. But it does leave something to be desired. SInce almost noone posts any times that they have run at the 1/4mi track. Granted I believe it is more of an american thing, no offense to anyone. Well is a high 13 second XF even possible with out Nitrous, or any forced induction. I mean even a RSX type s can get into the 13's with a few bolt ons. Race Header, intake, hondata, exhaust bam 13 second car. The aftermarket is so limited with this car. Any opinions? My goal is to be able to run high 13's if that is possible. What is the best stock 6 speed time anyone has heard? I believe a 14.7 is the fastest that i recall. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:39 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a1/4 mile thru a Canyon time,and you'll feel better!

Old 07-30-2004, 04:53 AM

Stock ... 14.70 - 14.80...
ECU + Filter ... 14.60 - 14.70... (5sp Auto)
ECU + Filter + Eisenhaus ... 14.30... (250hp = around this time and equal to the 350z)

The second number I pulled off one of those cute little plug in machines in your car... it said I had 233hp and got inbetween the ranges of 14.50 - 14.60...

In theory and from all ET calculators 250hp with out weight will put us at 14.30... so to your question....

Nos might do it after some mods... but I'd suggest for droppin the 20k over at renntech and getting the 404hp and running same times as a Ferrari Spider

Old 07-30-2004, 07:34 AM

My only suggestion is that if it's a 1/4 mile car you want. Buy something else. This car was never designed as a straight liner. Buy a Mustang 5.0, or another car that isn't very good on corners but can run like a bat out of hell as long as no corners are in the mix. You're asking this car to be something it's not. If you want to enter this car in comptition it was designed for.... take it to an autocross and have a blast!

Old 07-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Forum Regular

13.5 seconds with $11,000 of upgrades (SLK32 engine package through Kleemann). For the same price you can get the SRT-6 which has all of this stuff already....

-marc

Old 07-30-2004, 10:38 AM

I'm with WM on that one! ... its fun to lose mustangs in the turns! I know even on curvey streets many cars can RARELY hold the same speed I can corner at.... and thats without even getting the tires to chirp!!!

Stick to the Xfire... and find a different way to whoop on peoples cars ... I've learned that its not all about the 0 - 60 times... its about how enjoyable the experience is to the owner... and right now ... IM HAPPY! and I will be even more happy with my new exhaust... and have there.. its all about handling performance parts over speed...

Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

Ditto again,my advice learn how to steer!Going in a straight line is for kids!

Old 07-30-2004, 12:59 PM

I'm all about the turns dont get me wrong. I use to own a e46 M3 back in my peak. That car had it all looks, handling, speed. I got rid of my mach 1 because of the handling factor. What is wrong with wanting a fast and great handling car. And why does this car have no aftermarket lol. And as far as the Renntech packages go, HA! for 20 something grand ill buy a 03 cobra from an auction. I heard they are even beast at Autoxing. I love the my XF it just needs more *****. 14.3 will be able to keep up with a 350z but not beat it, ive seen those lil' things run high 13's stock. Just my .02

Old 07-30-2004, 01:10 PM

Hum... must be an amazing special driver.. a stock 350z does 14.30's... thats what almost every site and magazine tells you about them... maybe they were running ECU + intake on theirs and you just didn't know it...

Right now I've tested my car against 350z... I'm only lossing slightly ... I know with the increase in power from the exhaust ill hang with them NP!

No aftermarket parts for these reasons...
a) its a Merc...
b) its rare...
c) its new...
d) its RARE...
e) Merc doesn't really do a ton of AM parts...
f) ITS RARE!!!

How many AM parts are there for the Prowler?

If you wanted a big boy engine you should have went with a supra or rx7 FD... you can boost those up huge and still have nice handling... the Xfire is meant for its stunning good looks, handling performance... and the ablilty to brake as fast as a Porsche

Old 07-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullseye
I'm all about the turns dont get me wrong. I use to own a e46 M3 back in my peak. That car had it all looks, handling, speed. I got rid of my mach 1 because of the handling factor. What is wrong with wanting a fast and great handling car. And why does this car have no aftermarket lol. And as far as the Renntech packages go, HA! for 20 something grand ill buy a 03 cobra from an auction. I heard they are even beast at Autoxing. I love the my XF it just needs more *****. 14.3 will be able to keep up with a 350z but not beat it, ive seen those lil' things run high 13's stock. Just my .02
i gave up the speed of my 13.08 1/4 mile M3 for the rarity, look and style of my crossfire. no regrets.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:55 PM

why didn't you just wait for the SRT? Maybe I'm crazy but that might solve your thirst for speed.

Old 07-30-2004, 02:34 PM

Andrew nice alpine white e46m3> Mine was an 01 Steel Gray. I would still have the m3 if i didnt lose the job that paid for it. And The srt is 15k more and its an automatic ewwww.(If ya havn't guessed i bought a 6 speed) And besides I went with the crossfire because its cheap payment. I cut my mustang payment almost in half. No money down 36 mo lease and under 350 a mo is hard as hell to beat if ya ask me. Thats why i did it. Paying under 350 a mo for 35k car is awsome to me. And i love the styling of the car. I'll just hope for the AM to grow larger. Some headers would be nice:-D Get rid of those precats. An i high 13 second XF would be awsome.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:04 PM

Andrew nice alpine white e46m3> Mine was an 01 Steel Gray. I would still have the m3 if i didnt lose the job that paid for it. And The srt is 15k more and its an automatic ewwww.(If ya havn't guessed i bought a 6 speed) And besides I went with the crossfire because its cheap payment. I cut my mustang payment almost in half. No money down 36 mo lease and under 350 a mo is hard as hell to beat if ya ask me. Thats why i did it. Paying under 350 a mo for 35k car is awsome to me. And i love the styling of the car. I'll just hope for the AM to grow larger. Some headers would be nice:-D Get rid of those precats. An i high 13 second XF would be awsome.
oh, if that's the case why are you surprised or even why are you complaining (sorry best word I could think of) about the lack of speed for a fairly cheap two seater?

Old 07-31-2004, 12:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll just hope for the AM to grow larger.
The aftermarket is growing VERY slowly... I have been doing extensive research on the OEM upgrades that take the SRT to 330 hp. ie. Supercharger, intercooler etc.

Borla cat back is due in a month +/-.

The OEM supercharger is available from IHI, four month delivery on the part.

The OEM intercooler and plumbing is available from Garrett / Honeywell, with about the same delivery time.

The tighter springs, tortion bars, dampers, brake rotors & disks are available now on the AM...

The ECU remap will be available very soon, but a good tuner can do it from scratch...

But if you add-up the cost of the upgrades and figure the outside labor, you're looking at nearly the same price as buying a new SRT with a full warranty.

The only advantage to upgrading instead of buying the SRT is if you have a manual tranny, since the SRT is only available with auto stick and only offerered with one interior color... (for the time being)

I am going to upgrade my limited coupe because I have the 6sp... But then I may "Eat It" in a year when they intro the SRT manual 6spd...

Old 07-31-2004, 09:51 AM

... you all know you can add anything you want to this car right this second... its just about money... if you wanted to drop a v8 in here you can... there is room... Startech did it... everyone complains about how "you can't add anything" ... you can add a Twin Turbo to this... you could add a supercharger as we speak! ... its just about money and effort... you might have to replace a ton of things... but you can do it right now!

ECU has been remapped... Borla has been put on hold a million times over now...

If you wanted to add 6psi to this engine... without forging pistons that might be risky... but you can easily add a super charger + cooler with a smaller pulley and not worry about blowing this car up... hell just add a small sea shell turbo in there... and run low PSI... im sure around 3 - 4 psi boost can add at least 20hp at the least....

and if you want headers... doesnt the AMG version of the SLK32 have them... im pretty sure they have the same frame setup... you could just bolt the new ones on....

Old 07-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Banned

It would be easier to order the SRT.

Plus it will have some resale value!

Mods will make your stock car drop to the bottom.Plus you'll loose all the invested cash.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:49 PM

I thought there were no plans to bring out a srt-6 with a manual trans? :?
Has anyone seen anyplace sell the amg headers? Would like anyone with any info on this Thanks for all the feedback.

Old 08-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular

I have only seen renntech offer headers for our car... and only if you do the 3.8 liter upgrade. My understanding is that the AMG slk32 uses the same headers we do.

-marc

Old 08-01-2004, 06:55 PM

Hot Shot is currently making headers for the crossfire, I'll post as soon as they get back to me with more info.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:50 PM

Bullseye, the excuses just flow ,, If that ,,If this,, The car is OK but it really does not dominate in any category. I had one and it was OK,, I enjoyed it, but like you I see it as a sort of novelty type of car. It really does not excel in any category. Except in owner loyalty,, they will stand by this car to the bitter end no matter what the facts are!!

Quick Reply: 13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire