Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire

Old 08-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flathead
Bullseye, the excuses just flow ,, If that ,,If this,, The car is OK but it really does not dominate in any category. I had one and it was OK,, I enjoyed it, but like you I see it as a sort of novelty type of car. It really does not excel in any category. Except in owner loyalty,, they will stand by this car to the bitter end no matter what the facts are!!

Sorry to say i kinda agree with you. Although it does handle pretty well, but the Sti and Evo offer the best performance per dollar but thats not why people buy the XF's in the 1st place. But like i said for what im paying a month i cant really complain. I'd just be perfectly happy if it had say like 99 and up mustang GT power. Low 14's High 13' s with a great driver. Thats for the info on the headers.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:55 AM

So why not get a 350Z? Or a BMW Z4? Or a Porsche Boxter? Or an Audi TT V6?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Hot Shot is currently making headers for the crossfire, I'll post as soon as they get back to me with more info.
Cool - let us know

Old 08-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why attack him on his choice. He simply wants to try and get after market power, like alot of us do as witnessed by the numerous topics on ecu upgrades. Everyone here gets really excited about after market news, he is new and wants to find out what we know. Lets not persuade buyers away from our great xfire, instead, lets encourage the aftermarket to feed all of our hungers for POWER!!!!!!!!!

x'ed
black crossfire
6 speed
:twisted:

Old 08-02-2004, 05:25 PM

Oh yeah, and for all the "just buy an srt-6" crowd, some of us got this car because we got great discounts, lease or purchase, so the srt-6 is way out of reach and besides that, some of us enjoy doing the modding part ourselves.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:55 PM

Id stay away from the Z..I just traded one with 11k miles and the tires were shot. At about 9k they began to make some serious noise. Nissan is fully aware of the suspension issue. I was fighting with the dealership on a regular basis. Alot of Z owners were getting there tires replaced under warranty and getting the suspension corrected. The dealership I purchased it from was willing to do nothing until I called Nissan direct. Finally I said enough and and let it go. Many other Quality issues as well. To many to discuss. I will agree however it had great performance otherwise. The verdict is still out on my XFIRE.,

Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's fun to keep mod'ing the XFIREX and waiting for some breakthrough in power engineering. Either you have the SRT-6 you still want more 'cause you're still not the fastest car around

Right now, I believe that my XFIREX has around 250 horses with the ECU upgrade, K&N filters and MagnaFlow muffler. That's what I believe for now and I'm happy with it. So far, not one has beat me on the 0-60 in the stoplight.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:44 PM

I'm with you at the 250hp Cryil once I get my damn Eisenhaus LOL ...

and so far o - 60 at the light I havent been beat yet... but I also dont pull up next to a viper and try to pick a fight LOL

one modded tuner civic was close!!! I think he would have had me in a 1/4 ... but I started and the shifts in mine were much faster to the 0 - 60! exciting races!!!!

Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 AM

I would like to maybe see some posts of kills out on the road in the racing topic!!! :twisted: My funnest one was a 330ci miniS and a maxima on a rolling start to a highway ramp

Old 08-03-2004, 03:21 PM

I dont pick fights in my crossfire:lol: When a regal GS has a chance to beat ya it means dont bother. But when my mods go on I'll have some fun. Oh since it looks like finding a stock 6-speed 1/4mi time is impossible, once i get a few more miles I will be going to the track for some base numbers. I'll attemp to post the slip, not the most computer savy guy around. And thinking about a dyno, but whats the point? Real times is all that matters.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:17 PM

ya sure a GS will beat out a crossfire but thats a V8 $60,000 dollar car and for that much it should

Old 08-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roms33
ya sure a GS will beat out a crossfire but thats a V8 $60,000 dollar car and for that much it should
He was refering to the $28k Buick Regal GS that retired people drive.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:40 PM

The most significant piece of performance equipment is the nut that holds the wheel. 8)
This removes the Regal GS crowd from the competition.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:38 PM

Boba
Im not sure where its been said, but ive seen it in a few forums,and this is is no way meant to be any sort of personal attack, but unless that eisenhaus is a straight piped exhaust there is no way your going to see 15 horsepower on an na car from an exhaust. Does the company have a dyno or anything that you are drawing that conclusion from, or is it just a claim. the only cars ive seen gain 15hp from an exhaust were high modded turbo's that were breathing through 3.5 inch exhaust systems that dropped the stock cat and ran turbo back. I dont know if your buying a cat back or an axle back. If those numbers are dyno proven thats awesome.

Im not trying to burst your bubble i just remember that when i first started modding my cars i would believe the companies claims and then find out the numbers were way off. my 2nd car, a dohc neon, was the first car i started modding and i remember buying an exhaust, high flow cat and back and the claimed increase was 12 hp. The actual dyno hp i saw was spiked at 4, losing some across the rev. range, the average being about 2. When you get this one though get a dyno palease. Us crossfire owners seem to dislike dyno's. Im one of those gotta see it to believe it kinda guys.
good luck though, hope the exhaust does see the power you want.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
Boba
Im not sure where its been said, but ive seen it in a few forums,and this is is no way meant to be any sort of personal attack, but unless that eisenhaus is a straight piped exhaust there is no way your going to see 15 horsepower on an na car from an exhaust. Does the company have a dyno or anything that you are drawing that conclusion from, or is it just a claim. the only cars ive seen gain 15hp from an exhaust were high modded turbo's that were breathing through 3.5 inch exhaust systems that dropped the stock cat and ran turbo back. I dont know if your buying a cat back or an axle back. If those numbers are dyno proven thats awesome.

Im not trying to burst your bubble i just remember that when i first started modding my cars i would believe the companies claims and then find out the numbers were way off. my 2nd car, a dohc neon, was the first car i started modding and i remember buying an exhaust, high flow cat and back and the claimed increase was 12 hp. The actual dyno hp i saw was spiked at 4, losing some across the rev. range, the average being about 2. When you get this one though get a dyno palease. Us crossfire owners seem to dislike dyno's. Im one of those gotta see it to believe it kinda guys.
good luck though, hope the exhaust does see the power you want.
This is true and false. Granted I believe and agree with X'ed that the Eisenhaus Exhaust wont add 15hp. I mean isnt it only an axle back? 15hp from a muffler? Lets get serious. Correct me if im wrong. Oh and I have seen N/A cars such as Any ls1 get 15plus from a full exhaust not a muffler :roll: Also my old mach 1(2003) would get a great increase in HP from a full exhaust. Is the Borla going to be just an axle back or will it be a cat-back? 930 bucks for a axle back seems pretty crazy to me. Unless the Eisenhaus is a catback. Just my .02

Old 08-04-2004, 05:24 PM

then youll agree even if its just a cat back there is no way. if its just a muffler i would be suprised to see anything over a 1hp gain. and your right, ls1's do make monster gains. i forgot about those, they probably make better aftermarket gains than any n.a. car out there. check out my topic on rims for another speed related question.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:41 PM

Yup the ls1's are beasts. I use to have a couple Ls1's. 99 C5 and a 02 Firehawk. So with the list of cars you can see i feel the power is inadequate sp? ya pretty much name it I have had it. Not braggin' I just like my cars. I feel the the XF witha Catback would yield 7whp or so cant see anymore.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe we should sue MagnaFlow #14220 if it's not true 'cause it posted a dyno result in the box that it increased a Mustang HP by 12 horses which means it's a gain for the Crossfire too

I can feel it and have been whipping it good.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:32 PM

can you post the dyno or the link to it.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
Maybe we should sue MagnaFlow #14220 if it's not true 'cause it posted a dyno result in the box that it increased a Mustang HP by 12 horses which means it's a gain for the Crossfire too

I can feel it and have been whipping it good.
I'm not trying to start anything. But what kind of sense does that make. It made hp on one car so its gotta do the same for another. I have owned 4 mustangs 00 GT 02 Gt 03 Cobra and a 03 Mach 1. Exhausts on a mustang are pretty restrictive and changing anything on them wields extra ponies. There is already a guy complaining that he lost low end torque and felt no power gain from the Magnaflow. It's in the tech article. He is going back to stock. I would bet a good money that it adds almost nothing to our XF's.
Defintely not 12hp. A mustang and the xf are two entirely different animals. Thats like saying this same axle back on a wrx gave me 15hp so i have to get the same on my svt focus. :lol: :roll:

Quick Reply: 13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire