Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire

Old 08-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh... well you can say whatever you guys want.. its a free board... but you dont own the Eisenhaus exhaust... nor have you probably ever seen one in RL... also... you dont work for the company and do not really not the result... sooooo all in all I'll stick to my figures till i can prove them wrong...

this will go on and on... just like debating if god is real... till someone proves it wrong to me... then i can believe what i want...

Old 08-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats true, but do they have a dyno. i mean, if the horsepower was dyno proven, shouldnt they provide you with a copy of the dyno? if they have one cool! post it.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
eh... well you can say whatever you guys want.. its a free board... but you dont own the Eisenhaus exhaust... nor have you probably ever seen one in RL... also... you dont work for the company and do not really not the result... sooooo all in all I'll stick to my figures till i can prove them wrong...

this will go on and on... just like debating if god is real... till someone proves it wrong to me... then i can believe what i want...
For that matter I can say if i take a leak in my radiator it adds 20hp. I will believe that till someone proves me wrong. :lol: And yes i wont see an Eisenhaus exhaust for 2 reasons one i dont think 930bucks is worth a muffler and 2nd 930bucks is not worth 2whp. :roll: Just my .02

Old 08-05-2004, 02:53 PM

i cant believe someone even sells a muffler for that much. that like as much as a turboback.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
i cant believe someone even sells a muffler for that much. that like as much as a turboback.
Not like there aren't folks here on the board willing to pxss money down the toilet for a marginally founded perception of improvement. :evil: :shock: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 08-05-2004, 05:13 PM

So back to the 13 second thing, any of you guys, besides me, going nos? And yes yes yes yes yes, i know about the dangers of nos, please dont bring that up.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by David Burns
Not like there aren't folks here on the board willing to pxss money down the toilet for a marginally founded perception of improvement. :evil: :shock: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Man the amount of attacks for me just wanting to improve my car... you people are f'ing retarded most of the time and lately its not worth even posting about what AM parts I want to add... because i will be attacked for trying to improve my car...

See that little flag... thats me and my money having a great time blowing your stock car away... and btw ... suck on a donkey...

Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
any of you guys, besides me, going nos?
Here is the part that I don't get. The performance strong suits for this car are found in the twisties and on top end. It also stops with the best of them. It is average at best in straight line performance. You seem fairly knowledgeable about perforamce stuff so this was not news to you. It seems to me that you are going to go to a lot of effort to make this car something it is not. In the process you may well lose some of what it is. I just read that the new vette does 12.7 in the quarter for under $45K. Why not do this instead if you want to play stop light bandit?

I don't like NOS for all of the reasons that you don't want to hear. The one thing it will do for you is quickly identify the weak link in your drive train. Keep us informed. This should prove interesting.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:35 AM

...its not worth even posting about what AM parts I want to add... because i will be attacked for trying to improve my car...
Don't stop now! :shock:

I am following your adventures closely. No one is required to mod their car the same as you have. 8)

Are you getting the Rotex pads?
My current buring question is how they do for noise and feel as I really like the description of the technology they use.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:48 AM

Boba.... It's your car.... You paid for it...You do whatever you want to it. It's what makes you happy that matters. I'm quite sure that what you are doing isn't to please someone else. It's to please yourself... So I say, Go for it, Dude!!!

Old 08-06-2004, 12:07 PM

haha thanks guys!

Rotex I'm ordering TODAY! ... I wont even say what I ordered yesterday on here... ill post later today under a different thread... im gonna get HUGE flamage for whatelse I got yesterday ... and it gets installed next friday...

Old 08-06-2004, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by David Burns
Man the amount of attacks for me just wanting to improve my car... you people are f'ing retarded most of the time and lately its not worth even posting about what AM parts I want to add... because i will be attacked for trying to improve my car...

See that little flag... thats me and my money having a great time blowing your stock car away... and btw ... suck on a donkey...
Ah Derek...there goes your insecurity again thinking every negative comment about mods is some sort of personal attack on you, then turning the tables and responding with personal insults/attacks at other forum members. Don't you recall me once saying quite clearly it's your car, do to it what you want, but don't expect me or anyone else to agree with you that it was worthwhile? Am I not as free to post my opinion (without being attacked) about someone's mods as you are free to post about your mods? What, you (and other people) post about your mods just to see your own typing??? What does it take to get through your skull that not everyone has the same opinions on some mods as you and have every right in the world to make negative and positive replies?

Fine, you want to bash me and be obscene when I've got a negative reaction to some mod, then how about you be fair and praise me when I make a positive comment. That, or shut up and keep your personal attacks to yourself.

Old 08-06-2004, 05:45 PM

haha... there we go with you thinking im insecure... ... you use it so freely... im pretty sure you have some bad emotional issues...

I responded to the attack from you... on people you like to upgrade things to your car... saying how they "****" money down the toilet...

im sorry I dont think adding parts to my car is pissing my money away...

and if you (not just David) think that adding the ECU+Filter+Exhaust+Nikon's will not get us to atleast 250hp... you are retarded so i didnt say anything incorrect...

Old 08-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Default retarded is as retarded does

Boba...

What you described will NOT get you to a bona fide 250 hp. I may be retarded, but you're Pollyanna.

You do all that stuff, post a valid dyno sheet, then thump your chest. Until then, you're engaging in wishful thinking and swallowing whole claims of vendors.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel sorry that the box for my muffler was left in the shop where I have it installed. Maybe Doc still has the box and maybe he can post it here to show the dyno results.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:10 PM

exactly. this is not a personal attack on boba, im just trying to help other people think twice about dropping a grand on a muffler because of unfounded claims on power increase. you notice how boba was unable to provide a dyno sheet from any website or anywhere regarding his muffler. again, not a personal attack, its just that i feel for the same types of claims that you have boba, im young too, i think we're actually the same age. its just that we tend to get excited and blow money on stuff thats not worthwile. Just dont expect too much, and dont encourage others to buy something by stating power numbers that aren't proven. hope it works out for you buddy.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:44 PM

I called startech about their cams, they cost 4 grand. that company is a joke. is there anyone else who makes cams for this engine?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:16 PM

LOL ... I dont care if a 7 year old tells me the muffler will increase my power... if the company he works for tells me it does... and its a reputable company... im gonna trust the 7 year old...

I dont have dyno's because I dont have the exhaust... so its kinda hard to get it on a RR when its not in my hands yet! :wink:

This week or next Eisenhaus will be complete in making my personal exhaust and will be shipping it from Germany to my home... after I install it ill tell everyone what I feel about it... and I can use one of those little plug in things and tell you the difference between my ECU + Filter car -> ECU + Filter + Exhaust... then the change will tell us if its worth it or not...

Old 08-11-2004, 04:34 PM

I never said that you should post personal dyno's, i was just curious to see if you could find any from the company, because in order for them to make those claims they must have dyno tested, right? if they don't have them on their website, or wherever they advertise, that would seem strange to me because thats the best way to sell performance items, by posting your dyno proven power. As for your sig, i hope i am not one of those people. all i, and most of us try and do, is engage in a debate with you. it is not meant to be anything personal. you have contributed well to this forum, you shouldnt stop.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

Nearly this entire site has become infested with ignorant individuals that have made posting comments here worthless... The only time I will post from now on will be on the racing section to improve my Autocrossing information...
Dude, that is pretty immature. Like X'd said, you take things too personal.

If the company states the power gains, they WILL HAVE a dyno print-out. Otherwise they are lying.

Quick Reply: 13 second 1/4 mi CrossFire