Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

RIM Damage

Old 08-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIM Damage

Hi guys,

my car is only 1 week old and the battery died. I guess the battery was faulty. The dealer replaced the faulty battery however the flatbed guy that towed my car to the dealer damaged on of my rear rims and tire. He scuffed the rim along the edge and puncture a hole into the tire taking a piece of the tire off.

Does anyone know the price of these rims and tires. I'm going to call DC and file a report against the towing co. due to that the towing co. doesnt want to accept responsibility. This is real bad that DC Road Side Assitance sends me a tow truck who damages my car and i'm responsible for the damage??? Lets see what DC says.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Forum Regular

BullFrog:

Man, that just sucks!!!

19" rims cost me 502.00 each and the 19" tires are 470.00 each from D/C. Those prices are from December, 2003. I do not know if they have changed since then.

I would get on the phone to the D/C help line and report this immediately.

Let us know what happens!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RIM Damage

Originally Posted by BullFrog
the towing co. doesnt want to accept responsibility.
Holy crap! My next three phone calls would be to:
a) my insurance agent (can be helpful dealing with the towing co's insurance company)
b) the local Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/)
c) a lawyer

Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

d. And a gun shoot the idiot !!

Old 08-09-2004, 07:41 PM

i just got off the phone with DC Cust Serv Rep and they said that i actually have to take it up with DC Road Side which is a different dept. but i still insisted that they document the incident so that they wouldnt come later accusing me of inflicting the damage myself.

I will call DC Road Side in the morning from my office. If nothing gets settled there, I will be phoning my attorney to send a letter to DC informing them that someone needs to step up and pay for the damages either themselves or the towing company's insurance carrier.

This is an eye sore because the first thing i noticed about these cars is that the rear rims overflow the tire and I promised myself that i would be extra careful trying not to scuff them while parking against a curb and now the towing co. damages the rim and tire.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Forum Regular

Talk to the service manager and if he gets you nowhere, talk to your sales guy. If he can't help, go straight to the top, Dealer Manager. No sense in you wasting YOUR time when the services THEY hired screwed up YOUR car.

Document everything with DC in Detroit along the way. Get the district manager involved. You weren't driving the car, you aren't responsable. Make it there job to find out who is and who will ultimately take care of it.

Oh and go in there with a decent attitude. Raising hell off the bat will make them all turn thier noses up at you. Just think if someone came to you for help and pissed you off in the process.

Good luck. Thats a sticky situation. If they don't cover it, you might have to go through your insurance company. They can fight whoever to get it fixed. With out down time, less your deductable.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Dan, please let me remind you to review the rules for the board. If you were in fact joking, please add a :lol:, , , , or :P so we know you are kidding.

Oh and if you are going to post, please make it worth reading and on topic.

thanks -

Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWSBR
Originally Posted by Dan Root

thanks -
STANDING APPLAUSE !!!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

Finally......

One of the moderators says what we have been tring to get across for months!!!!

Thanks, Adam!

Old 08-10-2004, 01:30 PM

Encore!!

Old 08-10-2004, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by DFWSBR
thanks -
Adam.... You are Da Man!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:17 PM

I related myown horror story on a similar issue, some time ago. So I won't go into the gory details.

Short of it is: I called Roadside to take my car from my home to the dealer. The person Chrysler Roadside sent didn't even know how to access the front tow-hook. He ended up causing more damage in the attempt. I contacted the dealership, while the guy was still there.

They (the dealer) stepped right up. I have reservations as to their expertise with the car itself, but they have been (on a personal level) very good to me. They advised me to eject the incompetant guy. They contacted another towing company. They paid the new tower's fee. And, they replaced the damaged parts (free of charge). Then, they went after the first towing company for compensation, themselves. So, I didn't have to hastle with it, at all. I of course reported this all to Chrysler itself, and the Roadside Assist, as well.

Obviously, your dealer didn't step up as well as mine did. But, I think the big help was the timeliness of my complaints (i.e. calling while the neo-**** was still digging at my lower grill with the "tool"), and I had the guy on my gate-cam the whole time, so I was never concerned about proof of damage.

Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2004, 04:50 PM

Galen I enjoyed reading your little tack on. George W. sure can put his foot in his mouth. But I also recall Jimmy Carter, a wonderful Gentleman who at times was somewhat dim of wit introducing Hubert Humphrey as Hubert Horatio Hornblower for all the world to hear.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:24 AM

HehHeh. Politics aside, I thought it was the quintessential Bush-ism. Even better than the "Fool me once, shame of you. Fool me twice, uhm uhh uhm ahhh uhm You can't get fooled again." (paraphrase, I think there were actually 8 or 9 "Uhm" style stutters, it was just painful to hear)

Unfortunately, though funny, it reflects very poorly to the rest of the world. Politics is an art and science of rhetoric, and I feel 'W' does us additional harm with these ill expressed cliche's (not as much damage as phrases like "Axis of Evil" and "Crusade", which no leader in this day and age should make the mistake of uttering, but troublesome in there own way).

Anyway, weren't we talking about cars?

But, I still think its funny, so here it is again...
[/b]

Old 08-11-2004, 01:26 PM

you know.. i know we are supposed to be talking about cars in this forum, but i just had to comment on galens comment.. everyone has their own political opinion, and heres mine.. i dont care if george bush is not a perfect speech giver, as long as he is doing his best in protecting this country, and not bowing down to other countries who hate america no matter what this country does. i think W. is a good man that is not going to let other countries ie: france or whoever tell us what we can or can not do to protect this country.

just my 2 cents,

thank you

Old 08-11-2004, 05:34 PM

We have an Off Topics forum for all things that are...OFF TOPIC. :shock: :lol:

Everyone goes there to beat up on Dan Root. :twisted:

Take your politics there and Dan will disagree with you and light flames under several of the forum regulars :mrgreen: