Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

I am getting ready to order a '05 XFire Coupe right after the Labor day weekend and wondered if anyone has the NAV/GPS system installed on their XFire and if so do you like it and does it function satisfactory. Are their any (many) know problem areas that I should be aware of - thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Forum Regular

ZIIIC:

First of all:

Some people like the factory NAV system, some don't. After you get the hang of this forum, try the search button near the top of the screen. There are quite a few posts about it.

As far as known problems, there arew very few. Take a look in the TSB section of this forum. The majority were on early build numbers of the car, but I would take a look anyway....

Make sure you list your build number, color, and tranny once you get your car!!!!

:-)

Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another big "welcome" and get ready for the XF grin that will soon be forever etched on your face!!!

Old 09-02-2004, 01:01 PM

Welcome to the Forum!
Hurry and place that order. Are you ordering from inventory or special ordering. It looks like special orders take about 8-10 painful weeks. I have one week left before my becomes :lol:

Old 09-02-2004, 04:04 PM

Greetings ! :mrgreen:

Just a note on the navigation system. I looks almost identical to the stock radio. There is no map display at all. It gives step by step directions such as Turn Left 1.5 miles.

There are some pics in the forum and at the Becker web page. The forum search might be helpful.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Default Try Before You Buy

WELCOME...There are some really great people here, hope you enjoy the feed back....

I saw and tried the 05 w/ nav before I purchased...For me I did not like it.
Nav to me with out a map is poo poo (Kidding).

I decided for my 04 coupe... for the price I paid vs the 05 w/nav...

Regards,

Old 09-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Default New XFire

Thanks for all those who provided insight and information. I will post my vin when I get it. Thanks again

Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
nb
Default New Xfire owner

Two weeks ago I bought a used 04 Xfire limited 6 speed. It had 2,230 miles. Graphite with slate grey interior.Sticker $34+. Paid $24.900. Person who owned this car also bought it with a Sapphire blue Xfire with automatic for his wife. Wife and him apparently hated BOTH so traded both to Cadillac dealer for Caddy's new 2-seater. Door label says my car assembled -- built -- 5/03. Anyone know how I determine what number this car is?

Also, all was fine until week ago. Tire sensor light came on. Checked tire pressure daily. Pressure normal. Called three dealers. All clueless. No suggestions and reluctant to see the car. Talk about bad service. About the same time, car developed loud rattle. Sounds like exhaust is falling off or something equally bad. Did usual. removed all stuff from trunk like pump, jack etc. No good. Tried driving with trunk open to check trunk window lock. No luck. Climbed underneath. Checked plastic bottom panels for looseness etc. Again, no luck. Called stealer dealers. Again, all clueless. Therefore,

1. Anybody know how to determine built number?

2. Anyone experience similar horrible noise issues? If yes, how resolved.

Otherwise, this will be my first and last Chrysler product. My smarter half has a BMW 325 which is great. I also have an 02 Mercedes C230K coupe. Again, outstanding car. How did D/C screw up so much on the Xfire?????

Car is hot -- draws a crowd, stares, questions wherever I go -- more than my old Corvettes. It also handles great although the 6-spedd is notchy to be charitable.

Numerous blind spots no big deal if you can drive by the mirrors. Which I had to do with the MB 230 coupe.

Finally, my thanks to forum member J Isabella. His advice re snow tires prompted me to buy the car since I have to use it year 'round.

Bottom line? It's a keeper if I can solve the bleepin' tire pressure warning issue and the maddening rattles.

Thanks in advance to all and everyone who can help -- I have read all the postings and you all sound like great people who truly appreciate this unique automobile.

I emailed a photo to a friend in France. He described the Xfire as a Talbot Lago for the 21st Century.our French friends (?) have a hard time conceding anything to us so I take that remark as an amazing compliment.

Best wishes for a safe yet crazy holiday weekend to all! Nick Bade in Willoughby Ohio. I'm looking forward to meeting other Xfire owners since I have yet to see one on the roads here in the Cleveland, Ohio area -- it's great to be unique!

Old 09-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Default Re: New Xfire owner

Originally Posted by nb
1. Anybody know how to determine built number?

1. - Your build number is the last six numbers of your VIN. Your car is one of the "earlier" cars. How is your radio display???
2. - The noise you hear MAY be the hatch rattle many of us had. Look under the TSB section. The fix is very simple - no need to go to a dealer.

Good Luck and WELCOME!!! You got a great car (and in the best color) - don't let a couple of little things get to you! :wink:

Old 09-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Default Re: New Xfire owner

[quoteThe noise you hear MAY be the hatch rattle many of us had. Look under the TSB section. The fix is very simple - no need to go to a dealer.

Good Luck and WELCOME!!! You got a great car (and in the best color) - don't let a couple of little things get to you! :wink:[/quote]

i do know that you can get a hatch-rattle by closing a properly adjusted hatch too softly. i'm sure not suggesting it be slammed but if it's not firmly closed it'll make all kinds of racket.

an

Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by nb
Otherwise, this will be my first and last Chrysler product. My smarter half has a BMW 325 which is great. I also have an 02 Mercedes C230K coupe. Again, outstanding car. How did D/C screw up so much on the Xfire?????
The XF is a Chrysler in name only so you can't blame them. The XF body was designed in the US and the car is built in Germany by Karmann for DC. Underneath the skin the XF is a SLK 320 with larger tires and an upgraded suspension. Your 230 is a second cousin to our cars...

The tire pressure and rattle are both "minor" issues, nothing to get excited about and blaming Chrysler. Find a dealer and take the car in to be fixed... talking to a service writter on the phone is nuts and a waste of time.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:05 AM

I JUST RESOLVED MY RATTLING PROB. AFTER YOU CLOSE THE HATCH, PUSH DOWN HEAVILLY ON EACH SIDE SEPERATELY AT THE VERY END OF THE HATCH. IF THERE IS EVEN TWO MILLIMETERS OF PLAY IT WILL RATTLE LIKE CRAZY WHEN YOU DRIVE. ADJUST THE RUBBER STOPS ON EITHER SIDE SO THAT IT IS A VERY SNUG FIT WHEN CLOSED (NO PLAY AT ALL).

HOPE IT WORKS. LET US KNOW.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:24 AM

FYI: The TSB for this problem also includes replacing the latch assy if adjusting the bumber stops does not work... :wink:

Old 09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
nb
Default Rattle

Thanks everyone for your ideas on how to eliminate the loud rattle in my XF. I tried your trunk latch fixes but the noise remains. We tried driving a few blocks with the deck open -- the noise was still there which suggests the deck latch and alignment are not the source. I will eventually take it to a dealer but always like solving problems like this myself. Again, thanks for sharing your scarce time with me! Nick Bade