Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Tire Rack vs Costco

Old 02-03-2017, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack vs Costco

Evening y'all
Any recommendations for least cost tire replacement?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:57 AM
Default Re: Tire Rack vs Costco

https://simpletire.com/

https://tires-easy.com/

There are a number of places who will install. Walmart, local repair shop....

Old 02-03-2017, 06:46 AM

Thank you for your quick response😀

Old 02-03-2017, 06:59 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

There are several of us that have the Barum Bravuris 3 UHM tires on our Crossfires These are produced in Europe and are part of the Continental family, which is the leader in sales in Europe. Tires are highly rated when compared to other major brands costing considerably more. IMO - An excellent value for a high performance tire. There are a couple of threads in the Forum that talk about the tire. Discount Tire carries this brand. There are 3 stores in my local area and a full set for the Crossfire is nearly always kept in stock at one of them.

And as pointed out in other posts, there are quite a few websites out there that primarily sell tires & wheels. With the influx of tire producers from Asia, there are several tire brands that are low cost alternatives to the major brands. You just have to look around. If you want to help looking, let me know. Been There; Done That!

Good luck in your search.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
XFireTires_Barum Bravuris 3.jpg (131.5 KB, 35 views)
Attached Files

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-03-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Finding all season tires is what drastically narrows down options.
But if you never see temps under 40° then good for you.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:16 AM

The Barum appears to be a good tire. May want to also consider Sumitomo (made in Japan) and/or Thunderer (made in Thailand). I have Sumi's on my NA and Thunderer on my SRT. So far so good. As dedwards says, there are quality alternatives to the mainstream. On the Thunderer you have to go up 1 size on the rear because currently they do not offer an exact replacement size. Sumitomo does offer exact replacements.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Finding all season tires is what drastically narrows down options.
But if you never see temps under 40° then good for you.
No question about narrowing down the search - Good point! So a basic requirement upfront - All Season or Summer. You can get a performance tire in either class. Then decide on what you're willing to pay.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Go to SuperBuyTires.com. You can get a set of tires (in OEM sizes) for the Crossfire for less than $300.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hilander
Evening y'all
Any recommendations for least cost tire replacement?
As long as the tires are off the wheels you might want to look at replacing the 12 year old TPMS sensors.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post462951

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...01-basics.html

And in all reality don't skimp on tires, they are the only thing between you and skidding off the road. Buy the best you can get. Is there a Tire Rack near you?

Old 02-03-2017, 09:48 AM

No Tire Rack near me. I agree about quality of tires should be the best, just don't want to overpay.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I usually go to Sam's but have not needed tires for the Crossie yet. With six cars tires & buying premium tires they usually age out (rarely go over a decade) before the tread is gone.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I am going to try out the bfg comp as 2 is usual 285/35 next.
All season tire, tread looks good for the rain.
Debating on buying a new set of wheels also, idk.
Front I want to find some all season run flats.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
There are several of us that have the Barum Bravuris 3 UHM tires on our Crossfires These are produced in Europe and are part of the Continental family, which is the leader in sales in Europe. Tires are highly rated when compared to other major brands costing considerably more. IMO - An excellent value for a high performance tire. There are a couple of threads in the Forum that talk about the tire. Discount Tire carries this brand. There are 3 stores in my local area and a full set for the Crossfire is nearly always kept in stock at one of them.

And as pointed out in other posts, there are quite a few websites out there that primarily sell tires & wheels. With the influx of tire producers from Asia, there are several tire brands that are low cost alternatives to the major brands. You just have to look around. If you want to help looking, let me know. Been There; Done That!

Wow awesome info !!!
Thank you for help

Old 02-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

I tried to find the post but could not. Wanted to verify the Barums (being a continental tire) can and are registered on the continental website, AND they INCLUDE some benefits that DTD (discount tire direct) charge extra for. Check out the continental website, when you register the tires there is a link (again could not find my references) that allow you to sign up for the FREE bennies that are included as a continental tire purchaser. I ordered the tires (free shipping) and had them mounted myself on the OEM rims locally. When you receive the tires, go to the continental website and search for all the 'included' perks you get when you buy a continental branded tire. BTW, they ride GREAT and are super quiet (compared to the old worn out OEM's). Great specs, and great price. LOOK for deals on the DTD website, you have to see if there are incentives, they don't tell you about them if you don't know you'll lose out on the "Visa' debit card if it is offered. Mine brought the cost of the set of tires down by quite a lot.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I tried to find the post but could not. Wanted to verify the Barums (being a continental tire) can and are registered on the continental website, AND they INCLUDE some benefits that DTD (discount tire direct) charge extra for. Check out the continental website, when you register the tires there is a link (again could not find my references) that allow you to sign up for the FREE bennies that are included as a continental tire purchaser. I ordered the tires (free shipping) and had them mounted myself on the OEM rims locally. When you receive the tires, go to the continental website and search for all the 'included' perks you get when you buy a continental branded tire. BTW, they ride GREAT and are super quiet (compared to the old worn out OEM's). Great specs, and great price. LOOK for deals on the DTD website, you have to see if there are incentives, they don't tell you about them if you don't know you'll lose out on the "Visa' debit card if it is offered. Mine brought the cost of the set of tires down by quite a lot.

This might be the post you were looking for: Barum Bravuris 3 UHM

If not this one, there are several posts in that thread that discuss the Barums.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-03-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
I think I am going to try out the bfg comp as 2 is usual 285/35 next.
All season tire, tread looks good for the rain.
Debating on buying a new set of wheels also, idk.
Front I want to find some all season run flats.
I'm getting a set of these tires from Tire Rack when I drag my Xfire out of cold storage in April. Also considering new TPMS as my car celebrates its 10th birthday this Tuesday.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
I'm getting a set of these tires from Tire Rack when I drag my Xfire out of cold storage in April. Also considering new TPMS as my car celebrates its 10th birthday this Tuesday.
Definitely get the TPS changed now, saves the regret later.
Also it is worth looking at getting tires that TR is dropping due to a new edition of the tire coming out.
I got some snow tires from them that were basically half price and even with the shipping and the Canadian taxes added it was well worth getting them shipped to Canada.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Also it is worth looking at getting tires that TR is dropping due to a new edition of the tire coming out.
Good advice - / Quite a few buys if one just shops around -

Old 02-04-2017, 09:13 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Definitely get the TPS changed now, saves the regret later.
I got some snow tires from them that were basically half price and even with the shipping and the Canadian taxes added it was well worth getting them shipped to Canada.
Good advice, thanks Dave. I know the current Michelin Pilots are being upgraded next month, so maybe I can get a set of the outgoing version at a discount.
Will look into timing the TPMS replacement with the new tires, and I may as well get some curb rash fixed too.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

This might be the post you were looking for: Barum Bravuris 3 UHM

If not this one, there are several posts in that thread that discuss the Barums.

BINGO! You Da MAN! Post # 29 in link ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post870380 ) sources the website and all the extras you get from Continental. Got mine from Discount Tire Direct (DTD). I looked for this for quite a while, brain dead lately (easily distracted maybe).