Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Name calling with top down

Old 02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Name calling with top down

Originally Posted by TampaNugget
Since I am a gay man, I guess I should be qualified to answer the question . First, they say those things because they are bigoted jerks. Second, they are jealous. Third, you are a handsome, well- built guy in a stylish car, which makes you stereotypically gay. If you hear it again, consider it a compliment!

That's Great, If this thread was an ice cream sundae, your post would be the cherry on the top.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaNugget
Since I am a gay man, I guess I should be qualified to answer the question . First, they say those things because they are bigoted jerks. Second, they are jealous. Third, you are a handsome, well- built guy in a stylish car, which makes you stereotypically gay. If you hear it again, consider it a compliment!
Ha, one of the best posts ever! Really gay is fine if that is what you are; however, ghey is a whole other story...

Old 02-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Jealousy. Hands down. You have something nice, something you love, and they don't. If the person has a nice car, or any class, they generally give you second look, and maybe even a smile. But beware of the smile. I have hesitated posting about what happened to me last fall because I didn't want to give the haters any ideas but here it is. Last fall on a warm Sunday drive before I put the car up for the winter, I was on my way home at dusk driving through a classy part of town on a busy residential 2 lane. I was paying attention to the car in front of me, listening to my tunes and loving life when suddenly out of the corner of my left eye I saw a guy in a big commercial pick up truck in on coming traffic tossing something out his window and he conveniently waited until he was in range of me. I looked up and saw him and his two buddies laughing. It happened so fast I had just enough time to duck. I took a direct hit to the windshield and drivers side of the car. Traffic was heavy and by the time I got pulled off the road they were long gone, and I knew my temper would get the best of me, and racing up the road would only get me in trouble. I thought about dialing 911, but this wasn't an emergency. I took a quick look at the car. What they had thrown out the window was a plastic cup with their 'dip' spit in it. I went to the mini detail kit in the trunk and cleaned all the mess up in a matter of minutes. Ironically as I was finishing up two nice looking upscale women out for their walk stopped to admire the car. They loved the color at dusk. We talked for a while. The pleasant conversation put me right back where I was 30 minutes before. Loving life.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always amazes me how many sociopathic people are running around out there. If I were dictator there would be a whole class of crimes with such a designation and of course the penalty would be death. The first such crime would be torturing animals but somewhere down the list would be messing up other peoples cars. I would also make a minimum six month jail sentence for people who bang there doors into other peoples cars. Since I'll never be dictator of the U.S. I just have to repeat "vengance is mine sayeth the Lord" over and over again.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:44 AM

Real surprise to read this thread. My wife no longer likes her car because of back pain while driving and the fact that people often "give her the finger".

She has been complaining to me since I got it that people "weave through traffic and follow her". She then blasts away from them on the Interstates. Often men "give her the finger" as they pass or she passes them.

I have ridden with her while she drives. Other than a little fast, I see no unusual driving patterns that would cause it. She's 60 years-old. A bit of a pretty 60 but grandma to many never-the-less.

The "Gay Car" issue came up before buying. Seems the Volkswagon Rabbit is #1 followed by a couple Mazda's, one of which is the Miata. Never was the Crossfire on the list.

Maybe men think Crossfire women drivers are something that is not on the market to them? Jealous buggers.