Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Convertible cover

Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible cover

Every once in while the subject of a good cover for the convertible comes up and more than a couple of members have recommended this half cover from Ebay. The guy does not advertise regularly so it's hard to post a link when he's not on Ebay. I have this cover for over a year now and no problems so far. I mainly use it during the summer to protect the fabric top and interior from direct heat of the sun. Since it's only a half cover it can be installed in 30 seconds or less. I have used it with the top up or down but of course it looks better if used with the top up. After a year and a half of constant use it's beginnng to fade in color but no deterioration of fabric. For around $60 it's well worth it in my opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRYS...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Default Re: Convertible cover

Thank you. I have been looking for this forever. Only found white ones, & my car is black. Appreciate the info. Ordered one immediately!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cakxfire, I just mentioned this yesterday in the roadster forum. I said that if I had a roadster (that I used on a daily basis) I'd surely get one. Thanks for posting the EBAY ad.
Kszoz, I sincerely think that the rear glass separation issue some roadster owners have been experiencing is a heat related problem. There for I'd recommend using the "white" cover because it would help repel the suns rays, rather than soak up the heat of the sun. Black would look better, but I think you would be rewarded with more protection from the white cover.IMO

Old 02-17-2009, 02:15 PM

Except for a few days a year, our weather here is pretty mild. If I was really concerened about the heat & if there had been more than 1 car to choose from, I'd have gotten a different color car. Having said that, I bet my rear window falls off tomorrow.