Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

So sad to say goodbye

Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So sad to say goodbye

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with my xfire. I hit a deer last night, and I am pretty sure it is totaled. I have to say no one got hurt and the car handled it like a champ. I only had it 6 short months, but it was so fun to drive i managed to put 20000 miles on it. I am pretty sure i wont replace it with another. It was the best car i had but maintence cost will probably prohibit me from getting another. Even if they can fix it i will probably trade it in. Just dont like driving a wrecked car.
But thank you for welcoming me and treating me so wonderfully.

Nick

Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: So sad to say goodbye

Sorry to hear this, Nick, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say - Glad you're OK after that! Hitting a deer can have horrific consequences, not only for the deer (obviously) and the car (for sure) but for the driver as well.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear and I'm sorry that you have to say bye, at least no one got hurt. What are planing on replacing the Crossfire with?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Sorry to hear this, Nick, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say - Glad you're OK after that! Hitting a deer can have horrific consequences, not only for the deer (obviously) and the car (for sure) but for the driver as well.
x2........

Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

that sucks...sry my friend...but there are some fantastic deals on XF's in case you change your mind...now is even more of a buyer's market...good luck

Old 12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Dang that suks!
Just how bad was it?

Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Well Nick,
We hate to see members go but I'm happy you were not hurt and I hope you find the car that really suits your needs and makes you happy.
I noticed you didn't post much while here but I hope your time spent here was informative and enjoyable.
Best of luck and maybe stop back and let us know what you buy to replace your Crossfire.

Gary

Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Cant express it any differently than the others. Hopefully you'll find a time when you can once again justify an XF and rejoin the group.

Good luck!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear of the accident. Glad to hear that you walked away safe. Maybe someday you will come back to the fold. It is in your blood now.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Well here is a little follow up, on the crash, and sorry that I didnt update you guys sooner. Turns out It wasnt to bad 8500 bucks is all. So they didnt total the car. Which is good for me cause now i can justify it to the girlfriend. (but honey im stuck with it.). Here is the bad news though and I would appreciate any advice. They have had my car for over a month. They called me initally to make sure it was okay for them to start working on it. At the time he wanted a contact number. I work for alltel, so that is not a problem. Here is my cell, my email, and a million other ways to contact me. Estimated time for it to be done, 2 weeks. They have had it for a month. I called in on a Friday, and it turns out that the sidemarker socket was destroyed in the accident. They cant get a new one without buying a whole harness.
So he says I have a guy checking I will call you back on Monday. That was a week ago. His other suggestion was I pick the car up, and take it and they would call when they could replace it at no charge. I take that as a screw u. We can put it on the back burner and never replace it. So this weekend I am going to go pick it up. I pay my deductable directly to them. Do I throw a fit and try to make them lower my deductable, becasue of the light. Or do I just let it go, or get it fixed and send them a bill. The service center is over 120miles away?
Thanks,
and proud to be a crossfire owner again
Nick

Old 01-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular

Nick, I don't have a good answer to your latest question ... sorry ...

just wanted to add my commiserations to those already offered ... having hit a deer myself, I know how bad the damage to a car can be ... you are, as has been mentioned, quite lucky that YOU were OK .... it's not uncommon for deer to be somewhat transfixed by your lights, but then go leaping at the last second which can bring them down feet first through the windshield ... we knew someone who was killed when that happened on a highway in the Rockies some years back ...

Best of luck getting the repairs done right on your car ... and best wishes for many more happy driving miles to come ...

Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM

Nick, again like everybody, glad you weren't hurt. Now about the car, good deal, 8500 isn't all that bad. I'm a claims manager for an insurance co. So, pick up your car, call your insurance company and explain, leaving that item open on the claim. Then have this guy keep looking, and in the meantime call another body shop close to you, and have them do the search too. Then when it comes in, which it surely will, have the guy closest to you put it in. Your insurance will have no issue with it being done this way. Hope that helps. Mark Just be sure to let them know. they hate surprises, oh, and BTW, do not sign off at the body shop that the work was complete until you're satisfied.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

I would call your claim adviser at your insurance company, Comprehensive claim correct? Make sure he knows what's going on. It is your Insurance company's responsibility to put you back to where you were before the accident(deer hit). I'd pick the car up, get it in writing from the garage they owe you a repair and if a reasonable amount of time passes and no sidemarker socket, call your insurance company. You might also tell them they are not getting your deductible until all work is complete. That depends on the garage. You pay the deductible to them not your insurance company. Your insurance company simply writes them a check for the repair less your deductible. Good luck with things and glad you are still going to be hanging around.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thackstonns
Well here is a little follow up, on the crash, and sorry that I didnt update you guys sooner. Turns out It wasnt to bad 8500 bucks is all. So they didnt total the car. Which is good for me cause now i can justify it to the girlfriend. (but honey im stuck with it.). Here is the bad news though and I would appreciate any advice. They have had my car for over a month. They called me initally to make sure it was okay for them to start working on it. At the time he wanted a contact number. I work for alltel, so that is not a problem. Here is my cell, my email, and a million other ways to contact me. Estimated time for it to be done, 2 weeks. They have had it for a month. I called in on a Friday, and it turns out that the sidemarker socket was destroyed in the accident. They cant get a new one without buying a whole harness.
So he says I have a guy checking I will call you back on Monday. That was a week ago. His other suggestion was I pick the car up, and take it and they would call when they could replace it at no charge. I take that as a screw u. We can put it on the back burner and never replace it. So this weekend I am going to go pick it up. I pay my deductable directly to them. Do I throw a fit and try to make them lower my deductable, becasue of the light. Or do I just let it go, or get it fixed and send them a bill. The service center is over 120miles away?
Thanks,
and proud to be a crossfire owner again
Nick
Great to hear you're getting your car fixed Nick! I hope they were able to repair everything to your satisfaction.

Did they say how much the wiring harness cost? Installed? I'm inclined to say that you're better off leaving it at the dealer, as hard it may be, until it's 100% complete. Once you take possession of it, they're less likely to work on getting the harness. The likelihood of them paying for you to get it fixed elsewhere is pretty slim.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

So I got extremely lucky. I stopped in sat. to pick up the car all ready to go rounds. The part arrived 10 minutes before I did and they had just got done installing it. Paid my deductable and drove her home. God How I MISSED MY CROSSFIRE!!!!!! The shop did an amazing job. they blended the paint at the door and the oppisite fender. Looks better than new. Drove her home and then back to omaha a couple times. Made any excuse in the book to take her out. 500miles in a couple days. I just wanted to thank everyone that commented on this thread.
THANKS.
Nick

Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Forum Regular

Glad to hear you made out well. It's amazing how much damage an animal can cause. Good luck with the XF. In reality maintanence prices are not that costly. When you think about it when you do 1 change on the XF you will do at leat 2 on any other car. Good luck.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by REVIT93RX7
Glad to hear you made out well. It's amazing how much damage an animal can cause. Good luck with the XF. In reality maintanence prices are not that costly. When you think about it when you do 1 change on the XF you will do at leat 2 on any other car. Good luck.
Its not just the oil prices though. I can handle that. Its the $500 rear tires, the 45 bucks for headlight bulbs, etc. What really gets me is everything seems like its special order. But that could be that I live in Nebraska. Like even this accident. They needed a socket for the side marker. They couldnt get it without ordering the whole harness in. They did manage to get one, but it took 3 weeks. (after the initial 2 to fix the rest of the car.). I just dont know if we will be able to find good replacement parts in a few years, and if we do how much will they be?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Replacement parts may be easier to obtain for our Crossfires than most other Chrysler products in the future. Karmann & Mercedes are healthier companies than Chrysler, and will most likely be in business for the long haul. Does anyone know if there is one single part on our cars that is truely a "Chrysler" part?