Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Pus start

Old 06-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pus start

I am thinking about converting over to a push start for my 06 roadster. Any thoughts? I value the "experts" on xfire's because I have not had mine that long. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Pus start

Originally Posted by DarcyD
I am thinking about converting over to a push start for my 06 roadster. Any thoughts? I value the "experts" on xfire's because I have not had mine that long. Thanks.

Darcy, I would search all the posts (search 'push start' or 'push-start', you may find the effort involved way too much for the benefit of possibly leaving you locked out of your car while it is running. Seriously, some have tried but had quite the time hacking up the security system wiring and modifying a choice number of the car innards. Anything is possible, this is possible, but it being a 'true' push start system (best of my 5 1/2 years reading the forum), they were lacking some expectations. I think there may be a couple of step-by-step 'how-to' posts (maybe even with some pictures) but I for sure would not tackle it for my car. A few who have done a version of a push start system may chime in, good luck!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After some more research I don't think would be a worthwhile project.

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Darcy, I would search all the posts (search 'push start' or 'push-start', you may find the effort involved way too much for the benefit of possibly leaving you locked out of your car while it is running. Seriously, some have tried but had quite the time hacking up the security system wiring and modifying a choice number of the car innards. Anything is possible, this is possible, but it being a 'true' push start system (best of my 5 1/2 years reading the forum), they were lacking some expectations. I think there may be a couple of step-by-step 'how-to' posts (maybe even with some pictures) but I for sure would not tackle it for my car. A few who have done a version of a push start system may chime in, good luck!

Old 06-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Wise man. I applaud you.