Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Supercharger Pulleys

Old 01-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Supercharger Pulleys

Originally Posted by Zoodust
You will run more danger then just running a single 62 or 185..You will need more cooling, and fuel, and exact tuning for the kind of boost a stacked setup will give you. Depending on your altitude matters a lot as well. Closer to sea level will see the most boost. You don't want to overboost that Blower. Don't forget that engine is now going on 12 years old. If you wanna make that power do it right and spend the $$ on support mods. There is a member here who made a huge writeup about his mods with his stacked setup. Look up Boostmonkey
So running the staked pulley's will obviously allow more boost but do you have an estimate of around how much PSI? Also is there anyway to adjust boost? Like a wastegate?

Old 01-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yumu1009
So running the staked pulley's will obviously allow more boost but do you have an estimate of around how much PSI? Also is there anyway to adjust boost? Like a wastegate?
Normally when people stack they go the 65/178 route which makes around 1-3 psi more than the 185 or 62 setup.. so stacked runs anywhere between 20-24 pending on Sea level. And honestly I've never heard of any type of boost regulater for our car, I could be wrong though on that . Biggest thing with stacked will be battling fuel and cooling mods. You would need a Heat Exchanger, isolation kit and probably cooler plugs at the minimum for the cooling. I'd throw in the killer chiller as well.( I have it and it works wonders. For fuel you'd need a 55 fuel pump, updated IC pump, bigger injectors. And honestly probably a fuel regulator. Probably all in all about $2500-3500 in support pending on the extent you go. Plus the cost of the pulley and stuff. You'd make around 400-415whp on a stacked setup compared to 350-365 on a standard 65mm. Ask yourself is the extra cash worth the roughly 50-60whp. I went that route so I can't say anything lol. If you can pull it off do it, your 6 will be a monster

Old 01-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yumu1009
https://youtu.be/1bN1NDXN9qs

here is mone with the 185mm pulley. About 400whp