Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Roadster antenna delete

Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster antenna delete

Hi. Just recently purchased a 2005 roadster. I love it. All for one thing.

My roadster has an antenna sticking out the top of it. I hate it. It looks out of place and I want it gone. Would it be a difficult task to remove the antenna and place it where ever the antenna-less models placed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Roadster attenna delete

welcome to the forum J walk. I believe the coupes have the antenna in the hatch glass. Do a search for shorty antenna and you should find the one most roadster owners are useing. You remove the original antenna and the shorty screws right on in it's place. less than 6" tall.

let us know where you are from and some more info about your roadster.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigkid
welcome to the forum J walk. I believe the coupes have the antenna in the hatch glass. Do a search for shorty antenna and you should find the one most roadster owners are useing. You remove the original antenna and the shorty screws right on in it's place. less than 6" tall.

let us know where you are from and some more info about your roadster.
This is correct.

You can go to a "Shorty" antennae:

3" UNIVERSAL SHORT ANTENNA CARBON FIBER SHORTY JDM CAR RADIO SCREW-IN ANTENNA | eBay

Look for more-there's a million of them.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:48 AM

I'm from the Windsor Ontario area and I bought the car from a dealer in London Ontario. Originally I was looking at getting an SRT/4 neon. The guy who was selling it was dragging his feet though. I had looked at other cars and didn't see much in the way of something I wanted. Then I saw the 2005 Roadster. And I had to have it. I've always been a fan of the Crossfire but I never saw myself in one. I was wrong

It's the Sapphire Silver and it has 56k km on it. Everything's stock, but I'll be changing that. I've seen quite a few projects on here that's grabbed my attention (like the header one). The site is great and there's so many nice Crossfires on here.

So the Limited has it in the glass? I wonder if it'd be expensive to make that conversion. My end goal is to have a seamless car. Shaved handles, antenna-less, etc.

Last edited by J-Walk; 02-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, for that matter, who the heck needs a radio, anyways? iPhone/USB thumb drive/MP3 player. If one is worried about weather reports-look out the window! I've never seen a weather system that will out-run an SRT.

Have fun!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J-Walk
I'm from the Windsor Ontario area and I bought the car from a dealer in London Ontario. Originally I was looking at getting an SRT/4 neon. The guy who was selling it was dragging his feet though. I had looked at other cars and didn't see much in the way of something I wanted. Then I saw the 2005 Roadster. And I had to have it. I've always been a fan of the Crossfire but I never saw myself in one. I was wrong

It's the Sapphire Silver and it has 56k km on it. Everything's stock, but I'll be changing that. I've seen quite a few projects on here that's grabbed my attention (like the header one). The site is great and there's so many nice Crossfires on here.

So the Limited has it in the glass? I wonder if it'd be expensive to make that conversion. My end goal is to have a seamless car. Shaved handles, antenna-less, etc.
hello jwalk,
hope you can get your situation dealt with. since you are in windsor ..you may want to consider joining us ...the Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners aka: S.O.CO. we do lots of gtg's in the summer....if you would like some more info my e-mail is,

gryfan@hotmail.com
cheers,
gryfan

Old 02-22-2012, 12:54 PM

WELCOME!!!!!

eBay: hidden antenna

I've seen many of these in street rods.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

Don't know if this might be what your looking for but... Here is a couple!

Hidden FM Antenna Chevy Ford Dodge Street Rod Universal | eBay

Universal Hidden Antenna with 12 volt booster | eBay