New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

About to purchase a Crossfire what did you pay?

Old 02-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase a Crossfire what did you pay?

I'm considering buying a 2005 crossfire coupe . Its in Great shape, has a good car-fax report no accidents.Has about 60k miles automatic transmission and everything seems to work as it should.It is a Probably garaged about 2/3 of the time. After negotiating with the owner ( for quite some time)the lowest he will go is $6500. this puts it around the high end of buying from a private seller (KBB). The few time I have bought a car I try to get in the middle of trade in value and private seller value. It seems the prices for Crossfire are all over the place on the internet and it is difficult to determine an average selling price . for anyone who has recently bought or sold a Crossfire does this price sound in line?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Talking Re: About to purchase a Crossfire what did you pay?

Originally Posted by jt2005crossfire
I'm considering buying a 2005 crossfire coupe . Its in Great shape, has a good car-fax report no accidents.Has about 60k miles automatic transmission and everything seems to work as it should.It is a Probably garaged about 2/3 of the time. After negotiating with the owner ( for quite some time)the lowest he will go is $6500. this puts it around the high end of buying from a private seller (KBB). The few time I have bought a car I try to get in the middle of trade in value and private seller value. It seems the prices for Crossfire are all over the place on the internet and it is difficult to determine an average selling price . for anyone who has recently bought or sold a Crossfire does this price sound in line?
JT, They are all over the place on prices for a couple of reasons, in my opinion:
1. It is what the seller honestly believes what it is worth to him and what shape it is in. Low mileage counts, as does required maintenance.
2. It is whatever the buyer is willing to pay, worth to the buyer. You can always walk away. But my feeling is, they are probably not going to get cheaper.
You should be fairly mechanically apt and handy with tools. I bought mine and it has cost me some additional cost, but I've learn and the guys on this list are super, with knowledge, advice, how-to-articles, in most cases with pictures. And most of my additional cost were normal wear and tear things. If you are not handy with mechanical things, then I would stay away from it. If you take it to a dealer, be ready for price shock, ask me how I know? But I have a love/hate relationship with my car. But not looking to sell it in the near future. I have a Roaster and live in Fla. Every chance top down and motoring some where. Good luck on your choice, to buy or pass.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Default Re: About to purchase a Crossfire

I believe you pretty much nailed it. My concern may be more with maintenance than the initial cost and I am trying to group the two together. Turning a wrench to me is natural but the electronic side may be my concern. I have no issue with brakes, plugs and hoses but sensor, control boxes are a little Greek to me.Thanks for you input .I'm looking at it from a different perspective now.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I believe you pretty much nailed it. My concern may be more with maintenance than the initial cost and I am trying to group the two together. Turning a wrench to me is natural but the electronic side may be my concern. I have no issue with brakes, plugs and hoses but sensor, control boxes are a little Greek to me.Thanks for you input .I'm looking at it from a different perspective now.
Read these threads before buying, CLICK

Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Default Re: About to purchase a Crossfire what did you pay?

For what it's worth...I paid:
~$10,500 for a 2005 SSB 6 speed limited roadster with 22,800 miles in April 2016
~$13,500 for a 2005 SRT6 roadster with 20,800 miles in December 2016

I also, called on a 2005 limited roadster with 55,000 miles (automatic) that sold for $6900 (previously owned by a doctor who's kids couldn't drive a manual).

You might find better deals than $6500...but than again you should assess the maintenance and any repairs you may have to do. There are some salvage places selling ones that need several thousand in repairs for $4000.

Searching Cargurus....Coupe/Coupe Limited with less than 60K miles are selling for 7-9K range. Sounds like a good deal at $6500 if well maintained.

Last edited by Rpaczan; 02-09-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm like you but with knowledge gained here, crank position sensor & relay control module were easy repairs with careful work. Tighed 1 repairs RCMs & has been highly recommended.