Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

Camaro Z-28

Old 05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Camaro Z-28

Sat down with one of my friends who is a Chevy Dealer. Was looking at the Z-28. I still haven't seen one in person, but I have seen a lot of new photos from the factory and looked through all the options. I then went through the performance numbers. I sat there for awhile and said to myself, wake up. 71000.00 is a huge number. Then, looked at the 1/4 mile times, braking, and other stats they provided. Guess what? Both my XF's will match or better those numbers. I own both of them. I think it will be cheaper to update the suspension, and finish my coupe the way I want it, and drive them. Maybe I will get to run into a Z-28 along the way...maybe in Chicago next month...
Bottom line here is, these little cars are still amazing even when you think it's time to move on....still the best bang for the buck...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 05-22-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Camaro Z-28

LOL, plus there won't be a updated model that outdates the Crossfires looks.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fwiw:

In 2004, $50k would be the equivalent of $62,750 today. Food for thought!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 PM
xme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, if it's my money, I'd keep the SRT too! Now if it was someone else's money... I'd be the proud new owner of a 2015 Stingray or GT500

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
LOL, plus there won't be a updated model that outdates the Crossfires looks.
You know, that's pretty much how I've felt about the recent domestic vehicles **OH! Pretty!** and then I see the model two years later and it seems like that's how it should have looked from the start.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You're absolutely right Doc. There's really nothing I've seen on the market that can touch a modified SRT6 for anywhere near the same price. Rest assured you guys are driving the best performance bang for the buck cars around.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xme
Hey, if it's my money, I'd keep the SRT too! Now if it was someone else's money... I'd be the proud new owner of a 2015 Stingray or GT500

You know, that's pretty much how I've felt about the recent domestic vehicles **OH! Pretty!** and then I see the model two years later and it seems like that's how it should have looked from the start.

Yep, there will NEVER be another Crossfire to outdate the original.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Z28 is a track monster though, I'm thinking it might best the Crossfire out on the actual track

Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was disappointed that Z28 doesn't have a convertible option (not surprising though). Our 2005 SRT6's remain competitive and look marvelous. I saw four Corvettes and one SS Camaro within two hours yesterday. I wouldn't trade my SRT for any of them. I have what I want...a 12 second completely streetable convertible that gets 20+ MPG with timeles classic art deco "custom coachwork" exclusivity. You can't buy that list in a new car for less than very high 5 figures at least.

Last edited by Da55id; 05-23-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
The Z28 is a track monster though, I'm thinking it might best the Crossfire out on the actual track
That is why my statement about investing in updating the suspension. Corvette has a roadster version coming out in the Z-06 package. But, time for times....and with a new suspension upgrade, I think we will still hang in there with best of them. We will remain a XF owner, now to get back in touch with Rudy and send him the Coupe for awhile...lol. Suspension for the roadster. Not telling what Rudy is doing to the coupe just yet, if he is still interested. His new boss may have other plans for him...lol. Just thinking out loud fellas. I was tempted to go back to my roots with the Camaro, but that temptation is over now. Vettes, are out as well. I just don't car for the new look now that I have been in one, and driven it. My XF coupe scares me more....

Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
That is why my statement about investing in updating the suspension. Corvette has a roadster version coming out in the Z-06 package. But, time for times....and with a new suspension upgrade, I think we will still hang in there with best of them. We will remain a XF owner, now to get back in touch with Rudy and send him the Coupe for awhile...lol. Suspension for the roadster. Not telling what Rudy is doing to the coupe just yet, if he is still interested. His new boss may have other plans for him...lol. Just thinking out loud fellas. I was tempted to go back to my roots with the Camaro, but that temptation is over now. Vettes, are out as well. I just don't car for the new look now that I have been in one, and driven it. My XF coupe scares me more....
I am supremely ignorant on the suspension parts of these cars, I just imagine that advancements have been made far and above the technology that was available [must be close to] 15 years ago when we ours were developed. But I am guessing you are more intending for an entire revamp of the suspension, not just some new parts? Feel free to drop some knowledge on me: how much work do we need to be viable and current on the race track? Are those new Ground Control kits all that is needed? Or are you talking about re engineering the entire underpinnings of the car?

Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I ran across one on a freeway in LA while I was driving the 55, we did a short burst from 70-120 and it was actually pretty decent. I've definitely ran worse lol. The looks on it though? Red with black rims, tinted windows, black wing, black front splitter... It definitely looked pretty sweet.

Agreed though, bang for the buck, crossfire everytime.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh Doc.. this article has your name on it.. LOL..

New Z06 is GM

Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Oh Doc.. this article has your name on it.. LOL..

New Z06 is GM
If I hit the Indiana lotto tonight, I will order 2....lol..... They have a roadster version as well coming...

Old 06-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
I am supremely ignorant on the suspension parts of these cars, I just imagine that advancements have been made far and above the technology that was available [must be close to] 15 years ago when we ours were developed. But I am guessing you are more intending for an entire revamp of the suspension, not just some new parts? Feel free to drop some knowledge on me: how much work do we need to be viable and current on the race track? Are those new Ground Control kits all that is needed? Or are you talking about re engineering the entire underpinnings of the car?
The Ground Control kits would certainly improve the handling if set up correctly. But, you will never get around the circulating ball steering. You can only help it, but not replace it. We have a very short wheel base and a very stiff body, so there is only so much you can do...but the kit would help and you can lower the center of gravity and get that low stance everyone likes...including me, but I like to keep the tires balanced and tracking true....not a lot of camber showing...lol.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a Nut at work that has a 2012 SS ,I;m not much on the the looks , but each to there own ,sounds great ,but the SS is 4000 pounds , just around 700 more then the Corvette and 575 more then Crossfire Roadster , don't jump me about the # it close ,LOL , Got to play around with him on short block red to red with the Crossfire just for fun on the way home at 3:30 am from work , Just say I jump and we were about even at the half before he run me down, you guys in SRT would eat him up, told him we would try the Corvette next time , sorry to say we have not but look forward to it some day , LOL Crossfire is the best bang for the buck, just wish I could get my big *** in a SRT6 coup , and Doc know what I;m talking about, LOL Love are Crossfire Roadster

Last edited by Osofast2; 06-13-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 PM

you just have to bang that hard head of yours to get in....once in that crook in your neck will go away after awhile....lol

Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Osofast2
Have a Nut at work that has a 2012 SS ,I;m not much on the the looks , but each to there own ,sounds great ,but the SS is 4000 pounds , just around 700 more then the Corvette and 575 more then Crossfire Roaster , don't jump me about the # it close ,LOL , Got to play around with him on short block red to red with the Crossfire just for fun on the way home at 3:30 am from work , Just say I jump and we were about even at the half before he run me down, you guys in SRT would eat him up, told him we would try the Corvette next time , sorry to say we have not but look forward to it some day , LOL Crossfire is the best bang for the buck, just wish I could get my big *** in a SRT6 coup , and Doc know what I;m talking about, LOL Love are Crossfire Roaster
Is this what your 2005 Black Limited Roaster looks like?

Attached Images
File Type: png
index.png (163.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you just have to bang that hard head of yours to get in....once in that crook in your neck will go away after awhile....lol
Been there done that , it was getting out that did not go very well , LOL !

Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I hit the Indiana lotto tonight, I will order 2....lol..... They have a roadster version as well coming...
One of those 2 better be for me, I don't mind if its a coupe or drop top

You could throw $10K aftermarket at a SRT crossfire and it would not have a chance against a Z-28 on the track. I think the front tires are 275 and rears are 325 LMAO.

The XF is still the best bang for the buck, hands down...

7:41 for the Z28 around the nurburgring
8:26 --- 146.561 kph -- Mercedes Benz SLK 32 AMG, 354 hp, 1480 kg, sport auto

Old 06-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
One of those 2 better be for me, I don't mind if its a coupe or drop top

You could throw $10K aftermarket at a SRT crossfire and it would not have a chance against a Z-28 on the track. I think the front tires are 275 and rears are 325 LMAO.

The XF is still the best bang for the buck, hands down...

7:41 for the Z28 around the nurburgring
8:26 --- 146.561 kph -- Mercedes Benz SLK 32 AMG, 354 hp, 1480 kg, sport auto
I think the driver mod made the Z-28 what it was at the ring that day. But, it is a hell of car, and my performance was about going straight, not round and round.... It truly is a production trans am car. But, for 71k, I think I would buy another Vette first.

Quick Reply: Camaro Z-28