Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Park interlock problems

Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park interlock problems

Being new to the SRT6's (3 days),I have an intermittent park interlock problem. I hate to just replace things. Is it possible to pull the cover on the automatic shifter lever exposing the solenoid and still operate the vehicle? I would like to test the voltage to it from the ignition reader as well as from the brake system. At the same time I can check the adjustments I saw on your forum.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Park interlock problems

Originally Posted by sshistand@fuse.net
Being new to the SRT6's (3 days),I have an intermittent park interlock problem. I hate to just replace things. Is it possible to pull the cover on the automatic shifter lever exposing the solenoid and still operate the vehicle? I would like to test the voltage to it from the ignition reader as well as from the brake system. At the same time I can check the adjustments I saw on your forum.
You can over ride the locking feature by inserting a screwdriver or something similar dowd the hole specially made for this.
It is explained in the Owners Manual in detail.