TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Help! bas esp light on and check engine light

Old 12-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help! bas esp light on and check engine light

just bought my crossfire yesterday and I took it for a ride after pulling out of the gas station I felt a little thug as if going into gear ( never felt that before while test driving all around!) then the check engine light came on along with the BAS ESP light on the dash. I pulled into an uphill drive to turn around and go home and it was as if it was no longer in gear I started rolling backward but it was in Drive! I put the brakes on and put it in park it still rolled. I rolled backward to a stop and put it in drive again then park then drive again and it was okay again... drove it home with a light grinding noise like something is going around and around in the engine but engine has power! Has anyone heard of this before before purchase car lot said they changed out the pulley thinking it was the alternator that needed changing. Now this morning the BAS ESP light is off but the check engine light is still on.
I am taking it back today to look at it but obviously they do not know what it is. Does anyone have any advice... love the car!!

thanks
v

Old 12-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help! bas esp light on and check engine light

Tranny in Limp home mode? Theres a sequence to turn off your BAS/ESP light, park, car running, turn wheels all the way right, aal the way left then center them. It should go out. Sometimes you can do it with car not running, just key in the on position.

Bring it back and have them pull a code from the ecu

Search the topics here and you'll find answers too.

welcome to the forum

BTW heres a link to tranny info....I mean transmissions not gender confused folks
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...on-thread.html

Last edited by green-ghost; 12-04-2010 at 07:43 PM.