View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
GreyRoadster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

In about 3 weeks, I hope to be the proud owner of an '05 or '06 graphite grey limited roadster (stick) with about 10k miles. I'm waiting for a few more Chrysler program cars to get turned in - specifically, after Chrysler starts giving their employees that load of '07's that was mentioned in couple of other threads (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14973 and https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14930 - post by harbor)

Last weekend was nice weather in Illinois, and I was feeling a bit grumpy about the continued wait for my new toy - so I visited a local Chrysler dealer to see what they had in stock, how the prices compare to the deal I'm getting on a company program vehicle, and to see if I might be able to get a 'test drive' on such a nice day.

First the question - then a few more ramblings ...

The last time I managed a test drive, a few months back, I remember the cruise control being on an odd stalk above and behind the turn signal stalk - on the left side. I also remember hitting it instead of the turn signal enough times to be a distraction.

The car I drove Saturday didn't have that stalk. I couldn't find cruise anywhere. Dealer said it was a 'disclosure vehicle', meaning that there had been some damage in transit which was fixed (135 miles on the odometer). Did the cruise change in the '06 models? Is there possibly no cruise on this model? It was a stick, but I've had cruise on manuals before. Or is it possible that the dealer removed this after the damage that they mentioned? I rely on cruise to keep my heavy foot from getting me in trouble - and after much searching, I simply never found it on this car.

Another interesting note: This dealer had about a dozen '06's on the lot (I checked VINs - they're '06). I remember not too long ago, nobody believed that there would be any of these in the states. All but that one I drove were either standard (black) or 'special limited' (red with the SRT-6 wheels) w/ cloth seats. And the dealer was advertising $10k off of sticker (off of $38k).

What's really noteworthy is that the dealer says that by end of month, they expect to have 40 crossfires - in a town of only about 125,000 people. I guess by the time I finally get my Crossfire, it won't be unique around here for long ...