Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

'06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

In about 3 weeks, I hope to be the proud owner of an '05 or '06 graphite grey limited roadster (stick) with about 10k miles. I'm waiting for a few more Chrysler program cars to get turned in - specifically, after Chrysler starts giving their employees that load of '07's that was mentioned in couple of other threads (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14973 and https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=14930 - post by harbor)

Last weekend was nice weather in Illinois, and I was feeling a bit grumpy about the continued wait for my new toy - so I visited a local Chrysler dealer to see what they had in stock, how the prices compare to the deal I'm getting on a company program vehicle, and to see if I might be able to get a 'test drive' on such a nice day.

First the question - then a few more ramblings ...

The last time I managed a test drive, a few months back, I remember the cruise control being on an odd stalk above and behind the turn signal stalk - on the left side. I also remember hitting it instead of the turn signal enough times to be a distraction.

The car I drove Saturday didn't have that stalk. I couldn't find cruise anywhere. Dealer said it was a 'disclosure vehicle', meaning that there had been some damage in transit which was fixed (135 miles on the odometer). Did the cruise change in the '06 models? Is there possibly no cruise on this model? It was a stick, but I've had cruise on manuals before. Or is it possible that the dealer removed this after the damage that they mentioned? I rely on cruise to keep my heavy foot from getting me in trouble - and after much searching, I simply never found it on this car.

Another interesting note: This dealer had about a dozen '06's on the lot (I checked VINs - they're '06). I remember not too long ago, nobody believed that there would be any of these in the states. All but that one I drove were either standard (black) or 'special limited' (red with the SRT-6 wheels) w/ cloth seats. And the dealer was advertising $10k off of sticker (off of $38k).

What's really noteworthy is that the dealer says that by end of month, they expect to have 40 crossfires - in a town of only about 125,000 people. I guess by the time I finally get my Crossfire, it won't be unique around here for long ...

Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Default Re: '06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

The 2006's do have cruise, in the same spot as all other Crossfires. Look on the column, do you see a hole when it would be? You can see it in this pic, look where it meets. If there is a hole I would say its been removed, can't really say why.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Default Re: '06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

I have an 06' limited with a 6-speed manual tranny and it does have cruise control. It must have been removed in your case. Also, you are correct when you made note of the '06 models not being sold in the US. Up until a few months ago they were not going to be. At the beginning of March Chrysler began offering dealers these huge price cuts on them in order to push them out of Chrysler's storage and onto the lots. The good news for the exclusivity of the car is that production has been discontinued, so after this volume spike there won't be any more.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: '06 Ltd - missing cruise control?

Originally Posted by GreyRoadster
Dealer said it was a 'disclosure vehicle', meaning that there had been some damage in transit which was fixed (135 miles on the odometer).
Disclosure vehicle means it has to be sold as a used vehicle and your Certificate of Origin will have a stamp on it that says Used Vehicle. I Bought my '06 Dodge Diesel 3500 pickup this way and got about $16,000 off sticker price. Someone had broken into the truck during transit and stole the stereo plus damaged the dash board in the process. About $2,500 in damage. The dealer fixed the damage but when they sold the vehicle, they had to disclose the damage. The vehicle still has the warranty and all the good stuff that it should have. The only thing different was the price and the Certificate of Origin being stamped "used vehicle". I thought it was a great deal so I bought it and had no regrets at all. You may want to do the same with the Crossfire!! Just my 2 cents worth.