View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:24 AM
coolx
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Airbag light is on

Originally Posted by 180SRET
My codes are 1B-00 passenger airbag on/off communication failure and 01-00 airbag module internal failure. One code can cause the other code however after 1.5 days the tech says its narrowed down to the airbag module, a $2900 part. That said, they will install a used part if I can get one. Anyone happen to have a spare kicking around?? Haven't talked to MB yet. Also fix for the cig lighter is a new unit, $280 installed. So far all they have charged me is the $129 Diagnostic fee.
On a side note, Chrysler said there was a 3 year, 60000 km warranty on the module, also covered under extended warranty. I'm SOL on that front. Hope this helps out. I'll try to search the part #.
Gord
I drove to the park and ride yesterday, parked my car at 5:20 am, went to work on the bus. Got back to my car that evening at 6:45 pm, started it and found the airbag light on. I checked it this morning and it is still on - I'm researching the forum for a solution - anything new in your search? Nevermind my question, I found your solution ..ON THE 2ND PAGE! Sorry about that...anyway thanks for your posts, however I have one more question, how do I know if it's the module - do I actually have to take it to a... DEALER?

Last edited by coolx; 10-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.