View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
onehundred80
Received 544 Likes on 460 Posts
Default Re: Top convertible problem

Originally Posted by Dragoncross
Hi im new to this forum and this is my first post, but i have about a month im looking at post and very great solutions from members here. i have a 05 roadster and since i got it i been having problems with the convertible top first 2 of the cylinders were leaking and found the solution from another member from here and thanks to Top Hydraulics i got my cylinders back and they are awesome but i have a bit of a problem, hope anyone can help me with this.

i just installed the cylinders and they are very good they have no leaks from anywhere they work awesome, but I have a problem with the hydraulic pump at least I think I have let me tell you a bit of the story.

we just finish the installation of the cylinders make all the connections and everything was good, we fold the top on the compartment and make sure everything was ok, we close the top with the special tool and then we try to operate the top by the controls and I hear the pump working but it never release the latch of the tonneaucover then we release the latch manually and obviously it wont work because of the micro-switch sensing something is wrong, then we open the cover of the top and push again the button and I hear the pump trying to work again but then it doesn’t work it wont lift the top but if we help it a bit it will rise to when is about to close an then it will stop because it wont lift the last part of the top the one that has the glass on it. that’s when we are stuck because it wont sense at all the glass part is up and wont take the cover top back down can that be the hydraulic pump? or may be is there something else wrong

also we put the top up and close everything we close the latch of the tonneau cover as well as the latch of the window, and the front of the top by turning the handle on its place, and when i press the button it does nothing the led is blinking as it weresomething wrong

Thanks

I know nothing about these tops but how much fluid did you lose and did you replace it?