View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
johnlisa61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Top convertible problem

Originally Posted by Dragoncross
John

Hi first welcome to the forum

and as far as your questions... to get to the oil reservoir is not that hard at least for me it wasn't that hard.

to release the pressure of the system just get in to the car, insert your key turn it to the run position, and then press down the convertible top WITHOUT releasing the button, turn your key again to the OFF position and still pressing the button at least 3 to 5 more seconds. then the pressure is released and you can operate the top without concern you will broke anything.....

and as far as the oil i was told that is the same as the steering system to fill out the reservoir i release the pressure of the system then try to get the top down and you need a friend to help you on this as the top wont stay in the middle an you need a friend to help you leave it there and lift the tonneau cover and from the driver side with the top in the middle and the tonneau cover up yo can get access to the oil reservoir easy..

hope it helps
Thanks....As far as hard to get to.. not too. getting oil in it without everywhere else?? not sure?.
I did all those steps and tried to release the back of window with allen wrench, and found quite a bit of resistance...didn't want to really create a nightmare. As far as oil...I did hear the same as power steering also. Just want to be sure. Love this car and want it to work.

Thanks again.