View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Re: new guy new problem, HA

Originally Posted by cookiemonster131
So here is the deal i bought a 2006 convertible with 21,000 original miles. it has electrical problems...

i am good with most stuff but i cannot get the top to work. the fluid was low so i refilled it. now when i open the roof the windows roll down and then the red light on the top switch starts to flash and does not stop.... i have bypassed the divider switch, just for now to verify that is not the problem and i have adjusted the latch that holds the tonneau cover down also. i also checked the trunk lock is engaged....

NEED HELP!
If the light flashes and the console beeps when you press the button, it can be the top open switch.
This is just an indication that a sensor somewhere is indicating that SOMETHING is not in position to allow movement, or you are going over 9mph.

If the light flashes all the time even when you don't hit the button, things get a lot more complicated. This is an indication that the TCM sees something VERY wrong. And the fact you had to add fluid kind of confirms that, doesn't it? You NEVER need to add fluid unless there is a leak. And by lifting the mat in the trunk or looking around, you shoulld be able to prove that.

On the passenger side, in the top above the passenger's head in the frame is the top open switch - look it over and see if it is Ok. I'd bet $20 it is not the problem, but check it.

Now, I've never seen it happen, but it CAN be, I guess, that we have a sensor in the wrong position on a cylinder - maybe it didnt go up all the way, etc. So, try this:

Put the top down manually. See if it will THEN go up with the button, if it does, see if that has fixed it over all.

In any event, check back here when you are done. I will be gone from tomorrow morning to Sunday evening, this is the TAIL OF THE DRAGON weekend. Tallk to you then.

Oh, go here to learn to move the top manually:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...operation.html