View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:50 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 893 Likes on 697 Posts
Default Re: new guy new problem, HA

Originally Posted by cookiemonster131
Thank you for the response. I have been reading a lot of your posts pizza guy. I tried to lower my top manually but it feels like it had pressure still. I unlocked the 6mm latch. The top after the d latch is released still doesn't feel like it doesn't want to open enough to get to the multi tool area. The switch light does sometime flash while driving. ....
Without being there, hard to say if there is pressure, but with the light flashing so much, it is a sign that the TCM sees a real problem.

If you watch my video, you will see how easy manual operation is. If top wont go down, that is, if you have to PUSH or FORCE it, then yea, there is pressure on it.

REMEMBER that a proper functioning system will time out and let off pressure after about ten minutes. If the pressure won't ever release then two things:

1) With pressure on all the time, no wonder if it has leaked.
2) Constant pressure like this means that even the procedure to release pressure may not work, since the system is that screwed up.

Just, ah, check ALL fuses to be sure you have power to the top motor, there is a separate feed to the TCM and BCM.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 10-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.