View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
cg80
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Re: 2004 Crossfire Totaled

Originally Posted by jimhagner
I've got a question for my fellow board members.

Would you keep/buy back your Crossfire if it were totaled?

Just last week my 2004 Crossfire was rear-ended and the insurance companies deemed it totaled. It had 79,000 miles on the car and only 49,000 miles on a dealer warranted new engine. It was in near show room condition and is still very drivable.

The insurance company offered me $9360 for the loss and if I wanted to buy it back it would cost me $2600. They are paying for a rental car for 3 more days at which time it has to be returned and my crossfire has to be removed from the Body shop.

Damage includes: Rear bumper cover (destroyed), Hatch is sprung and dented but fully operational, Right rail is pushed in but I am told is a easy frame pull, Right quarter has slight buckle and the gap between it and the door is narrowed, Right rear tail light has a 1/2" lens break, Roof has a very small pimple from my head hitting it. By the way the body shop said it would be an easy fix but the parts were too expensive.

My thinking is that: 1) it may take several weeks to find a replacement Baby and rental car fees would add up. 2) It is still a very dependable car for $2600 and the damage isn't that bad. 3) I feel I should be able to get that back out of it when the time comes as salvage or sale or am I mistaken.

Any feed back and or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
jimhagner: If your decide to keep the car and "part" it out, I would like first dibs on the upper windshield molding...Carl 843 424 6503