View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:59 PM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: TPMS 101, The Basics.

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
LOL.. you were there when they programmed yours.. Did it really look like rocket science? "We've got a new line for the Chrysler Crossfire" I'm going with a guess the batteries were new.. I informed them 433mhz. Chrysler confirmed they were 433mhz but could not get communication.. as I said.. "speaking Japanese"..

Best guess when triggered the ID was not sent in a format "our" computers would understand.. Data is Data is Data.. so make a Windows computer read Mac language.. get the drift?
In all reality Mrmiata since these things are so simple, when they function properly, all is fine but when there is trouble then we have to know basic trouble shooting of the system. If this "new line" for the Crossfire is actually for the Crossfire then the protocol transmitted should be correct. Guessing they were working before they are put on the car is fine, if they work, but if they don't now we need to know if they are the proper frequency and have good signal strength before we can go on. Does the tire shop/dealer have the decoder tool to do this? Did they test the sensors? Can the suspect sensors be matched to a different car? Verifies protocol. Again these are not rocket science, train them on a different car for an easy test of the sensor.

Chrysler confirmed "they" were 433? The sensors? Did they check your original sensor frequency with a decoder tool? Meaning we have to confirm the correct frequency. Again, this is all basic trouble shooting the system. The fact that they don't work today tells me something as amiss in the diagnostic process because accurate diagnostics can find the exact cause of the TPMS failure. And it could be just as you say, the ID not sent in the format needed but it seems very odd a company would manufacture an incorrect protocol.

Is it one of the brands listed on this chart?.....