View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:21 PM
kjwinston
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Owner With A Few Questions

Originally Posted by Travish
Check engine light after filling? When you fill it up do not try to top off. Once it clicks, stop. If you try to top it off even a little you probably get the light when it gets back down to about 1/2 a tank.

Not sure about the gas lid but there is a way to set the unlock fob buttons to lock or unlock the drivers door or all the doors with one button push. If set to only unlock the drivers side with one push you push the button a second time and everything unlocks. I have never tried to open the cap when only the drivers door unlocked. Maybe your buttons are set to only unlock drivers door and the cap was locked?

if the tank has a hard time closing do this:

This really works I found it here in the forum. In a garage open the gas tank over night, especially if it gets cool at night. in the morning close the tank and take it for a short rise, Now try to open the tank and it should open very easy. Yes, it has a sensor in the tank, I can look up the number, but before I tried to change it, I did this trick and what vapor causing the tank cover to make it hard to open was no more! I know I thought it sounded crazy but it sure saved me money!