View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 01:05 PM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Oil neck removal? (Picture)

Originally Posted by 4drturbo
Thank you for the pictures!

Well I made some progress this morning on removing the valve covers. Thought I would do a bit of work on it before work this afternoon.

Here are my thoughts and questions with some pictures:

I bought these a while back for my Crossfire. Unfortunately I could not use any of them for my coil packs. The base is too fat where it attaches to the socket and will not fit int he recessed hole. Fortunately I had a star bit that was the right size and I use a pair of vice grips and grabbed the end of the bit and broke it loose on the ones closest to the firewall that have limited space. I used a screw driver thing that you can attach those bits to for the other 2 near the front of the car. So got all those off.

I have a nice set of deep well E sockets for the valve cover bolts. I can barely get to the one on the drivers side near the firewall due to limited space with the heatshield but it is do-able

Does this steel line have to be removed to remove the valve cover from the drivers side?

Idea where I am at with everything removed (Pass side) Spark plug wires do not have to be removed from anything to get valve covers off correct?

That shiny metal tubing in the front, that is just filled with air correct? Looks pretty easy to remove, I was thinking I could remove that and have that powdercoated too.

Thank you for all the help and insight, I am VERY cautious with this car and want to do everything correct with no hangups.
-Stephen
Pic #2 is your gas line. I do believe it has to come off to lift the vlave cover enough to clear the valve train underneath.

That's all I got, bud.