Old 02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
americanretrodave
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A lot of Water droplets visible inside headlight lens

Originally Posted by onehundred80
How long has this problem been with you? The caps must point down. Someone a good while back said that their leak came from the joint between the lens and the light housing.
There was a photo on here a while ago and it looked lik a goldfish could live in the light quite well.
Take it out, clean it and install the anti-misting kit. While it is out see if there is a leak at the joint, by putting a hose on it.

Just happened, I ran it through a car wash and the next day, it was full of condensation - looked like it rained on the inside. The caps that are on the '04s and '05s aren't on the '06's, the one and five position rubber caps are hard plastic on mine, which seem to be sealed onto the light. The only rubber I can take off are the two rubber backs of the lights. I can't see where the water is getting in. The fix kit, which I believe is for the '04 and '05 models puts a cap on the rubber drain plugs at positions 1 and 5, and as stated, my '06 has no such rubber caps, it has hard plastic caps which appear to be as the 'fix' picture has, only mine are molded into the headlight.

Dave