View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 AM
zip439
Received 195 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Wont Sart

Originally Posted by hardknocks6936
My 04 Chrysler crossfire has been fine for two years with no check engine lights or anything....

about a month ago my check engine light went on for two days (i didnt get a chance to get the code checked out) and after the two days it went back off.

On the fourth day i got home then when i was going to leave again my car went on then turned off immediately. I turned it on again and again it went back off immediately. After that when i turn the key it does not turn on or engine does not even make a sound to try to start up again.

I though it was the starter, changed it but nothing. Still wont start up. My dad is a mechanic so he went under the car to make sure the starter is getting power and it is. So he tried to start it up from under with a screwdriver and the engine does start up but it will not turn on.

checked all fuses they are all good.
battery is good.

im stuck, i feel like it might be a sensor, i pluged a computer but did not throw me a code.

car still wont start up or even make any noise when i turn the key.

all might dashboards lights come up so my battery is good.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys.
The car not starting is the result of a permanent Limp mode. A permanent Limp mode DTC recovers when the key is cycled. [B]HOWEVER [B] if the same DTC is detected for three key cycles ( on off starts ) the system does not recover (car won't start) and the DTC must be cleared with a scan tool. You must be able to scan the transmission codes with a DRB III tool. The standard OBD II scan tools won't give you the DTC you need. Many transmission DTC cause permanent start engine lock outs. If you can lock/unlock your doors then i doubt the SKREEM is your problem.
Simple SKREEM test: Lock your doors from outside the vehicle with the FOB then look inside at the Tow-Away Alarm Switch. Is it flashing?? If not then you have a SKREEM problem. If it does flash then the SKREEM module should be OK.

Last edited by zip439; 04-15-2016 at 09:47 AM.