Thread: Warning Lights
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:18 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Warning Lights

Well, to really help you, I think most here will need more information that what you provided. Frankly, you are making it sound like you are having at least two of the common issues with the Crossfire at the same time - and they usually dont come up at the same time, but it is possible that is what is happening to you.

First, when the car DOES start and run, do all or most of the lights go out? If so, then this makes more sense. IF the light stay on even when the car runs - we are in new territory here.

Anyway, based on the above I'd offer two suggestions:

1) Click here and see if this fixes it: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

2) Take a DAMN GOOD LOOK at your battery terminals and the bolt that fastens the battery ground lug to the chassis (this is right there near the battery). Yank the terminals off the battery posts and clean the living hell out of them with one of those wire-brush-battery-terminal-kit things you can get at auto parts stores.

3) Replace the battery. Now, if you take it somewhere and they "test" it, and you report back here that it tested good, my first question will be - "Did I say get it tested or did I say replace it?" The reason for this is that there are issues with the batteries that, in today's cars, a simple load test does not reveal. If you think this is a waste of money, go to step 4.

4) Take the car to a Chrysler dealer. (This wont get your car running, but it WILL cost you a HELL of a lot of money and replacing a $125 battery wont seem so bad after all.)