View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 03:51 AM
TerryR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trunk Lid Jammed

Originally Posted by TerryR
I had a similar problem. At the TMS "Laps for Charity" last weekend, I was about to go on the track and I wanted to run with the top down. Hit the switch, unlocked the "D" handle and pressed the switch, heard trunk unlock, then nothing more happened. Eventually got the trunk opened and after a trip to autozone for an "6mm Allen Key" locked the top in the up position and rode the track like that. Now at home trying to go through the system systematically. Undo the "D" latch, press the button for "Top Down", windows go down, hear trunk lock open, then as before, nothing. So unlatch switch in windscreen header O.K.
Now to look at the switch by passenger side ear level. Thought I would remove and check. **** my "Metric Allen Key" set is in the trunk. BUT there is no way can I get the trunk to open. MUST keep trying.
I assume my problem to be with this switch at the passenger side. ????
Thanks ala_xfire for the diagrams. I am making a little progress. Windows go down when "D" handle released. Checked switch at passenger Ear level, seem to be O.K. When I press switch on center console back lid unlatches and if I press again hard. the rear of the hood (with the rear window) raises BUT then nothing, As it is HOT in Houston today, as usual. that was me done for the day. I will continue my investigation when time permits. Thanks Again for the Diagrams.

Last edited by TerryR; 09-24-2016 at 03:53 AM.