View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:34 PM
Billy22Bob
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Transmission Issue is Fixed...

Originally Posted by Chrisjlyon
So I thought I'd post on this thread to keep the issue compartmentalized. I just got my crossfire running and pulled onto the road, everything fine for a sec. then started having shifting issues. The car went into limp mode as was stuck in 1st gear I believe. It gave an engine code of P0715 turbine/input shaft speed sensor circuit. Having a hard time tracking this issue in the service manual. Really don't want to drive it to a shop like this either. This thread said the plate was the problem but doesn't seem clear if it's a DIY or something a shop needs to do.
Try a tranny reset. Scan for codes before, clear and scan after.
Search this BBS to find procedure - pretty simple I recall - not sure if its the same as throttle body reset.

With that code, could be the plate - Replacement is a DIY, but not for the absolute beginner = medium level of difficulty with high attention to cleanliness = not an outdoor driveway job unless very careful and no wind/breeze.
Its one step further than a tranny filter replacement and oil change.
If you think of the filter placement as ....X, Y, Z....remove * and replace filter......Z, Y, X
Then the conductor plate (few screws) sits in between "remove" and " and replace filter". see asterix*

Relatively low cost if DIY - compared to taking it to a shop and you start paying for their experimentation cost - which you may still have to do to diagnose further if the plate change isn't successful.

Keep in mind you should factor in 8 or so qrts of MB spec tranny fluid which can go for $10-15 a qrt.