Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Transmission Issue is Fixed...

Old 04-26-2017, 02:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Transmission Issue is Fixed...

Originally Posted by Chrisjlyon
Update. I towed the car to another dealer in another city that has the tool. The cleared the transmission codes and it shifts like new. No remapping needed. Just a clearing of the codes. Which they basically did for free since they included it in the labor for replacing my belt and idler pulley.
Thanks for your update. Seems a shame that perhaps many Dealers (FCA/Chrysler) no longer have the simple, basic equipment nor the desire to diagnose or repair common Crossfire issues. Curious if OBDIII scanner w/software for the Crossfire was ever available to independent repair shops or the public?
I realize that our car is 12 years old, but there were many made and they are not antiques just yet.

Last edited by lovecross; 04-26-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was going through all this I came across this article. It seems there are options out there but for the full capability it gets spendy.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Yes, most techies here on the forum are aware that the STAR DAS is available, but lack the cost justification to buy one.
If I were in business fixin Crossfires and SLK's, then it would be 'got to get me one of these !'

Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yes, most techies here on the forum are aware that the STAR DAS is available, but lack the cost justification to buy one.
If I were in business fixin Crossfires and SLK's, then it would be 'got to get me one of these !'

George, we KNOW your not in the business to fix these, your in the PLEASURE to help the membership to fix these. Too bad these things are so expensive and just as hard to figure out. And newer cars/trucks are getting that much harder to self-repair. It is the car/truck manufacturers way of locking out folks from fixing themselves (like they tried to do through legislation, trademarking/sealing the various computers/programming). I'll say it again, this forum IS by far the best one I ever found, for the benefit of all member owners (and a few dealers trying to sell their busted ones on a budget). CrossfireForum.org, I hope she never goes away! And, to all members who help, YOU MAKE THIS FORUM THE BEST when you help all who are stuck on a problem!

Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I'll say it again, this forum IS by far the best one I ever found, for the benefit of all member owners (and a few dealers trying to sell their busted ones on a budget). CrossfireForum.org, I hope she never goes away! And, to all members who help, YOU MAKE THIS FORUM THE BEST when you help all who are stuck on a problem!

I couldn't have said it better. Thank you guys.