View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 12:47 AM
onehundred80
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts
Default Re: Bought 2008 Crossfire Coupe - Questions

Originally Posted by cobray
Thanks, I will have to get some shots.
Originally Posted by amx1397
#1 don't change the tranny oil,, and IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE TRANNY FILTER which is all that is needed,, THEN filter the oil and put it back in the tranny, you may need to add a qt or so, but USE the old tranny oil,, if you change the oil, you MAY get leaks,,slippage and the transmission does no like new tranny oil. the shop you GO TO. remember your car has no dip stick so be sure the shop has one.

#2 being i don't think you are racing that car so you could ,,should,, USE MOBLE 0-40, if you don't use syntheticyou will get leaks and sludge,, so change the oil every 5000 miles,, it takes 9 qts. buy the oil at walmart or where ever it is on sale, for around 50 bucks and have any oil change shop change it for around 20 bucks. jim.
What is the reason not to change the oil? It is the first time I have read that on here, Rudy said to use the MB specified oil and nothing about filtering and reusing the old oil. It all seems strange to me, contaminants that went through the filter once will go through again.
An explanation is required here.