Old 07-22-2017, 12:53 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Tips required to make a double din face plate

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Np, I have done that many times.
I have thought about either moving 4 of the switches and lay them on the flat bare spot below the center vents or putting digital display for extra gauges, but moving moving the 12v outlet would not bother me with the manual transmission.
Ok you want to keep the switches all together and sitting where cup holder is.

If a tray, any thoughts of converting the ash try into a pull out switch tray???
For the switches that are not used much and switches that are used more beside the passenger airbag light.
I need to figure out how to get pics to load better, since app stopped working.
Will see if I have the pic where the bank of switches is where the cup holder is at.
Thanks for the reply, I hardly use the switches myself so an out of the way space is OK.
The easiest spot is the cup holder area, I do not rest my arm there and if I did the depth of the switches should keep them out of (h)arms way.
The more work done the more chance of a screw up, this way only two parts are modified. I am modifying parts I purchased not my cars parts. I am waiting for the cup holder trim only now. An expensive way to do it but safer. I may make two parts of each, just in case I screw one up.

After the switch mod is done I will buy a DD nav unit, I am thinking of a Kenwood unit.