View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:22 AM
dylan07
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Key fob AND alarm not working

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Two weeks ago we assumed that the car ran OK, but now it does not run. Did this no running situation just start?
Well, I purchased it from a coworker's son about 2 or 3 weeks ago. He says he never had any issues with starting the car. I asked him before buying the car, because I noticed it was a common problem.

Right away I took the key fob completely apart, trying to replace the batteries in it. Later I found out there is an access door on the back so you didn't have to take it all the way apart. When I took it apart, I pulled the pieces apart suddenly and pieces flew across the room. The chip dropped on the floor, I picked it up not sure what it was. and gathered the rest of the pieces.

At the time, I didn't know it was a chip, it looked like a piece of plastic. I called the guy asking if the batteries had to be in the remote to start the car, and explained what happened. He said that it is chipped, and told me to place the chip or hold the chip near the ignition while trying to start the car, that worked. took the chip away, tried again, no go. Confirmed it was a chip. Also looking under a magnifying glass I could see part number, and other numbers that would correspond to security chip information.

I assumed I never put the chip in the remote in the correct place... But, now my issue is getting worse. At first it would only die once, and start right up the second time. But now... it's being very problematic. According to the previous owner, he never had issues with it starting.

He seemed honest, he told me every little thing wrong with the car, even minor things. I could give you a list of everything he told me and you would agree he seemed to be completely honest.