Old 10-31-2017, 06:20 PM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: What has happen to the UK part of this forum

Originally Posted by marlam
I use to visit this forum very regularly up to 3 or 4 years ago, but back in 2013 we relocated to another part of the UK. We sold our house, but it took pretty much up to the middle of this year to find a new property that we liked and then complete the re-model/extension to it - it was a big and time consuming project for us. Significantly, during this time our crossfire (our weekend car) literally went out of commission as we spent all our time on the house. As a result, I rarely visited the forum.

Since we finished the house, I have got back “into the Crossfire” again and have, as ever, found the forum members’ help invaluable with some issues that have arisen recently. I have also been on the forum pretty much every day. What has surprised/disappointed me though, is the lack of activity on the UK section of the forum. When I was more active here, there was a constant flow of new threads and banter going on daily. I seem to remember names like UK Steve and Ken UK (or something similar) constantly being involved in threads, and the whole section was a hive of activity.

What has happened?

I know that there is a UKCrossfires website! Have all the UK members stopped contributing here and gone there? Has there been some kind of falling out between the two, or is it just one of those things? It just seems a shame that there is so little activity on this part of the forum, yet there are still plenty of Crossfire cars around in the UK – at least in the summer.

While I am at it, I also notice that FP seems absent. He seemed to be a constant feature here and I think I remember voting for his car in (was it) the Texaco car of the decade competition. I think he won if I remember correctly. I have a vague memory of him posting something about selling his Crossfire, but he still seemed to be on the forum regularly, or maybe my memory is not up to scratch.

Anyway, at the least this post adds some new activity to the UK section. Maybe it might get some responses.
They seem to have pulled back to their own UKXFire club, you have to join at 20 pound per year. I see they have a technical forum that is closed to non members, I wonder how much of that forums info is from this forum. CICCI has copied this forums info and it is now also available to non members.
I think it is not morally right to copy other people's info then hide it from the very people it came from. Maybe there is no copied forum info there, I would like to know if that is true.
No doubt this forum supplies or has supplied lots of their knowledge.