View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Mike-in-Orange
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: roadster rear window stick-up

Resurrecting an old thread here.

My '05 Roadster just experienced the dreaded catastrophic failure of the rear window. A couple of years ago I noted that the passenger side was coming loose and I did a spot repair using the 3M Window Weld. Oddly, that's the ONLY part of the window that did not fail with this recent catastrophic failure.

The car is garage kept and only has 31,000 miles on it. It's pretty dry here in SoCal but not ridiculously so the majority of time. The car has probably been driven in light to moderate rain twice. I mostly drive with the top down, windows up. It's probably been driven with the top up and windows down for less than an hour its entire life. It's extremely rare that I drive any car with the windows down - sedan, coupe or convertible. It took 13 years for the window to finally give up, so I consider myself a bit lucky!!

Anyhoo..... in light of the temp fix area holding up so well, I'm going to give it a go and attempt a full repair on my own. I've got everything lined up - Window Weld, Primer, large suction cups and wooden dowels to draw the window up plus the edge clamps as shown here. I've read reports here on the forum about this fix lasting multiple years even in hot, humid environments. Fingers crossed!!!