View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Cabin ceiling cover/fabric falling apart

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
The upholstery shop I use locally does excellent work and re-covered my headliner with a material & color that closely matched the OEM material. Wife & I pulled the headliner out ourselves (lots of great DIY advice on how to do that step) and cost me $130 to have the headliner cleaned/stripped of all old glue residue and the new material applied. Shop made sure that the new material "wrapped" around the mating edges of the headliner to help hold it in place and keep it secure when installed. OEM headliner barely covers the headliner board to the edges and that also contributes to a sagging headliner besides a poor glue job.

I also took Waldig's advice and applied some sound deadening material to the bare roof before we installed the new headliner. Remarkable difference in cockpit noise. Here's a link to his video post about this. CLICK
I am going to have to do my roof liner pretty soon and I was wondering about that sound deadening. My wife says the car is too noisy, I just turn of my hearing aids, this has two benefits, I do not notice the car noise or my wife's complaints. A win win situation.

I currently have all the trunk panels out and the noise is noticeably louder, maybe I can do something back there as well.