View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 04:45 PM
DTMenace
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: DIY Grille Paint?

Originally Posted by dizzyspots
Dennis....did you remove the OEM silver strips and replace them with the 3/8" chrome? The prior owner of my new-to-me Black SRT6, painter the entire grill with a fairly thick semi, maybe flat black...including the strips. Not sure if he used Plasti-dip or what. Id like to duplicate your look, but sure what ti use to remove the paint(?) thats on it now....open to suggestions..

Mike That grill looks better than NEW...wondering if the grey will look as good on a black car??
dizzyspots
This is a real issue, when a new owner can't talk to the prior owner, to clear up any question that may arise at a later date such as your painted grille. First, I would attempt to peel the paint, if it is a spray coating in an area that is concealed. If that doesn't work, it has been painted on with a heavy hand! I did remove the silver strips off the grille, by using a soldering gun, softening the tabs on the reverse side of each strip, since they are glued heated into place at the factory. Please refer to my #2 response to the original thread. PM me if you're interested in having me redo your grille that will look like Billto's grille. The color on Bill's grille is very similar to the stock grille, except the gray has heavy glitter/metallic than the stock grille.
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace