Old 02-24-2019, 09:16 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Double Din Dash Kit - Teaser - Far from done!

Originally Posted by alexdc
Just a question. Do you think once this is finished that it could be available in different colors?
Originally Posted by BlakeSwain
Yes, building a whole new front bezel. Want to save the oem.
I think that the rear black section of the CD/AC bezel can be carefully separated from the front cosmetic part. They are sonically welded to one another, an eBay seller was selling the two parts independently. When I cut my original part the button section nearly came loose and I had to bond it back together.
I think this would save a lot of effort and the part would be stronger, as the part is an alloy of PC and ABS.
This part carries all the snaps,the head unit depth shoulder and location posts,this would leave only the front cosmetic part to be made saving a lot of time and materials, time and materials = money.
This bezel can be purchased for $100 or less, sometimes that gets you the buttons as well.The interface between the two parts are the little pads which focus the welding forces into those areas, some did not weld on my parts and I have used three of the bezels. This may be a cheaper option than printing the three parts.
Food for thought?