Thread: SKREEM Options
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 11:30 PM
xodus52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM Options

Originally Posted by LadyMills
They received a new SKREEM module from Chrysler, and key scanner ring kit thing, programmed it all, but then they said it was the PCM that was the problem now - having been started too many times under fault (they said it was 40 something times and they refused to claim that's their fault). But it's definitely the "PCM" and they said it's forever on backorder and was going to cost more to get one than my warranty would cover. Chrysler sent me a check for my car and washed their hands of me and my warranty.

So what's the definitive word on a PCM that was started too many times under fault? Lost cause? Can it be replaced? Is it VIN specific?
As far as I know, the PCM/ECU is not vin-coded. I can't believe they're on indefinite back order though. I'm going to be on the phone with the parts department at my local dealership up here in Seattle, and see if that's still the case. At least you can get one of them as a working solution from another junked crossfire; unlike a SKREEM unit. I'm also still not convinced that the PCM/ECU becomes inoperable after 30+ attempts, because I've seen so much conflicting information around it; and the only one's claiming that that is indeed the case seem to be dealerships that have proven to be incompetent otherwise, and would be more than happy to sell someone a unit they don't actually need.