Old 03-20-2023, 07:21 PM
Haydyn
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default re: UK Roadster Thread - drilling into the trunk

Originally Posted by bmccubbin
In the last video that you posted, you can see a little portion of the accordion section of the Secondary Electric Lock Actuator Arm. I wonder if you can access it with a large screwdriver and try to pull the Arm back towards the module (right). You might have to push on the accordion section fairly hard as you pull it to the right.
(I just tested this on the Roadster that I have opened up and, yes if you put enough pressure on the square shaft inside the accordion section you can pull it back in small increments.)
If you can disengage the Secondary Electric Lock Actuator Arm from the Pneumatic Lock Lever, then maybe you can go to the left license plate light opening and grab the Emergency Release Cable and pull it carefully.
If the Secondary Electric Lock Arm is still engaged then don't pull hard on the Emergency Release Cable or you can break the Emergency Release Mechanism that flips the Pneumatic lock lever.
I did actually try to tease the cam open but there’s not enough of it to get any movement.