View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 10:56 AM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Formal Training in Auto Electronics

I have an idea. I'v mentioned it before. It's getting to where, while I like helping others with their car, and will continue to do so, too many of us are too dependent on shops that can't seem to fix electrical issues. The average "mechanic" has no more expertise when it comes to electricity or electronics than the average person on the street. This is getting silly (speaking in general, not just about Crossfires.)

I asked myself, "Could I teach the average 'wrench head' to learn to handle most electrical/electronic issues on their own?"
I have been tagged at work, again, to teach an intro to RF (radio frequency) theory and application. If I can teach THAT, certainly I can teach basic electricity and electronics.

I have worked out a PDF document I will post here, if you are interested in learning what I am talking about teaching, please read thru it and, if you are interested, send me email feedback as I describe at the end of the document. The cost of setting up an "online classroom", developing the materials and presentation, and starting with students who will largely NOT be familiar with concepts involved is quite an undertaking, but I teach similar stuff at work so I do have a lot of material ready to go. IF there is enough interest, I would take this project on. Fact is, after so many years, I am TIRED. I can't spend so many hours helping others here and on Facebook. Perhaps I could train a few replacement, as well as train individuals who just want to learn.

Again, read the attachment, instructions on how we might proceed are in the last paragraph.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Class Syllabus V2.pdf (255.9 KB, 24 views)