Thread: Top Won't Latch
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 09:54 AM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 890 Likes on 694 Posts
Default Re: Top Won't Latch

1) Robert says: Usually, it's because the top is not tight to the front windshield frame. Since the owner can do it before the back bow is engaged, that would be my guess. All of a sudden, Jodi's Roadster is having this issue. You have to really pull down on the D-Handle hard before you can get the top tight to the front windshield frame and then turn the D-Handle. What I did not make clear to him, is that you can latch the top with the bow not yet latched - with the bow not lacthed, the top should NOT lock to the frame, but your's does - this tells me the linkages are NOT set properly. This is a mechanical issue, not hard to fix, unlike the electrical issues our cars often have.

2) The 2008 Roadster Service Manual is the BEST source of service information on the top - all other versions leave a LOT out. Download that manual today.

3) I asked you (in post 4) to make a video of what the hooks at the front do but you skipped that, but still expect someone to come up with an answer. As I tell people all the time "I am not going to work harder on this than you do." If you can't be bothered to do that, why should I take my personal time to help someone FREE who can't be bothered to provide the information I asked for?

I am not standing next you your car, you are. READ THE LINK IN MY SIGLINE BELOW.

3A) Stop to think that you are asking someone to diagnose the top without being there to see what is going on. Why not SHOW US what is going on? All I can do is GUESS, which is all that others in this thread are doing because that's all THEY can do.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-28-2023 at 10:18 AM.