View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 11:33 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Re: Pizza's Transmitter Build

The build is evolving. That filter I designed the transmitter to use was a new-in-box dud. I found a 45 year old Heath original filter and just today I tested it in place, works like a CHAMP. Only about 3.5dB loss, spec is up to 4.8dB loss.

So, the design has changed a bit. I got the filter mounted and started building the post-filter mixer today. Cant find 2-56 hardware to mount the post-modulator amplifier tube so I guess I gotta order from Amazon. Even ACE hardware in Hurst does not carry anything that small.

Once I get all the below stuff working (in the diagram) I gotta build the mic amp/speech amp. Then align things and get it all working. THEN I will build the PA driver and PA stages. THEN, I build the AM modulator. Next will be to wire up a negative bias circuit for driver, final, post modulator amp, and cathode follower - to shut tubes down all the way while on standby, also, I will put an adjustable bias on the driver/final to switch them from class AB1 (SSB) to Class C (AM and CW). That will be part of the Push to talk/tx-rx switchover circuit. Again, that is easy stuff and comes last.

ANywya, things are progressing but I have a lot of work to do............... Editing the photos down to a good size is just too much work, since this is MY thread, Im not going to bother, but I hate how it looks.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 01-01-2024 at 11:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (01-02-2024)